[WTB] Pretty much anything in the 18" range...

colker

Hehehe, do they come in brown, and how long is the wait? :D

I'm thinking that I'll see how the position is on this thing and then maybe try some type of dirt drops in the future. Always wanted to try them out on a MTB frame.

Gotta find my City Slickers, too. :p

i like drop bars a lot.. secret is having the top of the bars on the same level of saddle. fats have short head tubes... i tried one on my wicked and it didn't work.

Doug Carter

Staff member
happy-smiley-8809.gif

My heart rate can come back down any time now... whoo hooooooo!

Doug Carter

Staff member
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doug Carter

Staff member
Hehehe, been 4+ years in the making... no one was gonna beat me. ;)

The new eBay feature that hides who you are bidding against really sucks. We've already seen it work heavily against collectors in other hobbies, where they drive up the price on their own friends. It's pretty lame.

IF52

I'm actually glad you got it. My heart was pounding though, I could hear it in my ears. I missed jacking my final bid up to $400.00 by literally 1 second though. I'm a little bummed that I didn't get it as all my green parts would have looked nice on it, but I know my wife would have kicked my butt.

I really need to do something about that Ibis before I start sniffing around for a Yo, and I also need to see if I can get Rody to sort out some fork and frame issues before I do anything.

Doug Carter

Staff member
Oh it's down there somewhere. I forget exact who bought it and where it went. I have tried to block it out of my memory. I have regretted selling that bike since it left my hands.

BTW, I never saw pics of your Team Violet Yo that you patterned after my old one. :D

fat-tony

Staff member
Oh it's down there somewhere. I forget exact who bought it and where it went. I have tried to block it out of my memory. I have regretted selling that bike since it left my hands.

BTW, I never saw pics of your Team Violet Yo that you patterned after my old one. :D

Oh' yes you did. Remember? You're just trying to forget that too. :)

Attachments

• fatchance 014.jpg
    fatchance 014.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Doug Carter

Staff member
Oh yeah... crappy memory is a side-effect of ADHD. :D It's gorgeous.

Now I get to build my own replica. :D :D :D FINALLY!

fat-tony

Staff member
Oh yeah... crappy memory is a side-effect of ADHD. :D It's gorgeous.

Now I get to build my own replica. :D :D :D FINALLY!

It's not as fun to just look at one as it is to ride one. I have been thinking about selling it, but know I will not get my money back out of it. Here is my rider, but I am currently running a HippieTech Rock Shox on the front and V brakes.

Out..................

Attachments

• ellawheel3.jpg
    ellawheel3.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 23

Doug Carter

Staff member
So over 2 weeks out and 2 frame purchases, it's still a train wreck.

The brown '85 still hasn't arrived (lots of excuses from the seller) and the '93 just showed up today. :(

There is rust bubbling through the paint 360

IF52

Wow, maybe I'm glad I didn't win that auction ;)

It is REALLY hard to see damage or rust in pictures sometimes. That puts the burden totally on the seller to disclose such things. I won an auction a year ago for a BREW 180 Proof for my wife and when I got it I found a little rust on the seat tube down by the BB shell. I was bummed, but the rust wasn't so bad as the fact that the seller didn't mention it. Rody has it now and is sorting out some other issues. I would maybe contact him and see what his schedule looks like. I was by his shop a week or so ago and like what I saw of his work. I eagerly await getting that BREW back in a few months and the BOI he is making for me :)

Doug Carter

Staff member
Maybe ! Do you have a frame guy lined up ?

Rody has it now and is sorting out some other issues. I would maybe contact him and see what his schedule looks like. I was by his shop a week or so ago and like what I saw of his work.

Yup, I dispatched an e-mail to Rody before I posted here. ;)

Hard to not be irritated. It's fairly obvious to anyone looking at the frame. It's cancer coming through the paint from the inside, and around the entire tube. The inside is filled with rust. It's pretty hard to believe that he didn't know. :(

At least I'm not in too much of a hurry for it

colker

It's not as fun to just look at one as it is to ride one. I have been thinking about selling it, but know I will not get my money back out of it. Here is my rider, but I am currently running a HippieTech Rock Shox on the front and V brakes.

Out..................

sell it!:D sell it to me...
i love this color.