Paul stoplite canti setup question.

TheWheel

Setting up my Paul's cantilevers today after a cable housing switch...did their brakes always have "biased" springs from left to right? (see attached image). Replaced the springs a couple years ago with these new springs from Paul Components a couple years ago and still getting them dialed in...just wondering if the offset on the pull is intentional...as they super stop the bike. [wicked lite 1993]

Attachments

• fat canti run.jpg
    fat canti run.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • spring diagram.gif
    spring diagram.gif
    30.2 KB · Views: 4

colker

Setting up my Paul's cantilevers today after a cable housing switch...did their brakes always have "biased" springs from left to right? (see attached image). Replaced the springs a couple years ago with these new springs from Paul Components a couple years ago and still getting them dialed in...just wondering if the offset on the pull is intentional...as they super stop the bike. [wicked lite 1993]
What is the question again? I like the spring to be on the soft side, cable straddle low and good brake pads.

TheWheel

What is the question again? I like the spring to be on the soft side, cable straddle low and good brake pads.
Got brand new koolstop and try to get the cable low but need clearance, also get the pads to hit the rim straight-on or perpendicular. Was wondering if one spring side was stronger left / right? maybe overthinking it...

colker

Got brand new koolstop and try to get the cable low but need clearance, also get the pads to hit the rim straight-on or perpendicular. Was wondering if one spring side was stronger left / right? maybe overthinking it...
You could lower the straddle cable.