Serial Number Help

tag9802

Good evening.
Was curious if anyone knows what the “C” in the serial number stands for?
I have a road bike with serial # 007C48. Trying to figure out if it is a slim chance or Chris Chance road frame. My assumption was that the “C” would have indicated a Chris Chance road, but the year looks to be 1994 and I thought the Chris Chance version didn’t come out until 1995.

Attachments

• IMG_9370.jpeg
    IMG_9370.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7751.jpeg
    IMG_7751.jpeg
    847 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7752.jpeg
    IMG_7752.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6

Retro Dude

The serial number makes it a Slim Chance, a Chris Chance would have a CH in the serial number.

You have the 7th (007) Slim Chance (C) built in 1994 (4) and it's a 58 cm size (8).

That's a beauty

tag9802

Thanks…that makes more sense, it gets confusing as I’ve seen in other forums a bike with a similar serial number that stated a 033C48 was built in 1994 for the 1995 catalog. And that the “C” stood for custom.

Do you know when they changed from the Slim Chance logo to the Chris chance logo? I’ve seen both on Slims.

Retro Dude

The Chris Chance cameout in 1995, it looks like yours is a slim frame with Chris Chance decals. It could be a frame that was unfinished in Mass then completed in NY.

tag9802

After my last post, I went out and measured the down tube and it does measure 30mm and it does have oval chain stays and vertical rear dropouts, which matches the specs of the Chris Chance frame. I’m the second owner, so I’m not sure when the original owner purchased. I bought it from the 1st in late 1996 or early 1997. I’m planning to sell, so don’t want to mis-lead any potential buyer. I appreciate the help and insight.