Hi, I'm Flo, and that's my Yo

Flo

Hellö from Germany!

Having finally (more or less) finished my 93 Yo Eddy in Kandy Cherry with mostly silver parts ad some yello highlights, I am keen what you guys think!
I went with a lot of European, mostly Italian parts. it somehow seemed to fit the Yo.

I got the frame off a friend, built up with whatever parts, including a 98 RS Judy, nicely yello but much too long for the frame.
Frame number is 229Y3ML.
I had to source the fork separately, for some reason the Yo Eddy decals on the top are in grello not white.

The wheels a re a bit of a highlight. I found NOS XC Pro Hubs and Campa Mirox rims, and gave them to a local bikeshop to build up. Without asking me, they came up with a very funky spoke pattern they call a crow's foot. Never seen that before, but it does look nice!

Build list:
Suntour XC pro:
Hubs (36h)
12-28 7spd PowerFlo cassette
Rear derailleur (MD, short cage
Pedals (black cages)
Thumb shifters
Brake levers (champagne)

Suntour XC comp:
Cranks (because silver ;-) )
Front derailleur

Campagnolo:
Icarus seat post
Icarus toe clips
Mirox rims
Record OR Brakes

Other:
Tires: Vittoria Freedom Manta HTS 2.00" rear, Duel WDC 2.125" front (decidedly ungood, but look nice IMHO)
Chain: KMC X8 (considering a NOS Shimano HG90, but haven't decided yet)
Spokes: Sapim Race
Saddle: Selle Italia Alpine d.s.a
Bottom Bracket: Edco competition with Sugino Autex screws (soon to be replaced with a Suntour Microlite)
Headset: Primax (Rudelli-branded)
Stem: Kastan SL
Handlebars: Barflex Kevlar-Carbon, by Composites-Busch
Grips: ODI
Seat clamp: Shogun sth or other
Cable hangers: Vanguard Peace rear, highly modified Shimano front
Bottle cage: Elite
Bottle: Humert, with Fat city print
Brake shoes: Yellow polybrakes - I want them gone very badly, they squeal like pigs but fail to stop the bike.

Other than that, I am super-happy with the bike, it rides great and looks the part too.
Happy trails!
Best
Flo

1712069395162.jpg1712069395173.jpg

Attachments

• 1712069395149.jpg
    1712069395149.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7

Flo

Thank you!
Took me a while, but I like it a lot. Now I only need to get rid of those brake pads, maybe Koolstaps in yellow to stay with the theme...

Flo

Very beautiful bike, I love that paint job. I wonder what plans you have for that bike, with that absolutely stunning kit on it already!

Stingercut

Very beautiful bike, I love that paint job. I wonder what plans you have for that bike, with that absolutely stunning kit on it already!
Its a harlequin blue green paint job. Quite mesmerising 😵‍💫 in close up but the classic fade is nice too. All turquoise components for its next build and not really period correct as above. I have motolites and CK classic hubs and Cooks RSRs all ready to go on with Ti post and bar/stem combo. All more functional for riding.The BOI is original to the frame and has that light crisp springiness ride feel.