FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > Reader's Rides Gallery

Reader's Rides Gallery Show us your Fat. Keep your clothes on, though.

Old August 6th, 2006, 9:17 PM   #1
bayareafat

Default 87 fat chance

Here is my bike. I remember the day I bought it. Purchased on Haight Street in San Francisco when I was in college. It's hard to believe this is a 19 yr old bike. All original.

Enjoy!

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03650.JPG (59.3 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03651.JPG (60.3 KB, 85 views)
bayareafat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2006, 9:33 PM   #2
MikeyNYC

Post 87 fat chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayareafat
Here is my bike. I remember the day I bought it. Purchased on Haight Street in San Francisco when I was in college. It's hard to believe this is a 19 yr old bike. All original.

Enjoy!

Mike
Mike,

Very nice to see a classic like that fully intact, do you happen to recall what you paid for that bad boy back in 1987? I'm just curious, so if you don't feel like divulging that info, no problem or obligation to do so.

Also, welcome to the FatCogs, although you're obviously a senior member in spirit after owning that bike for 19 years!

Michael-NYC
MikeyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2006, 10:30 PM   #3
bayareafat

$1024.00 to be exact if my memory serves me correct. At the time it was more money than I spent on my car. The bike was well used and I hammered up some big hills. Single track was my favorite. I was at a outdoor concert a couple years ago at a neighborhood park. One of my old friends saw the bike parked and knew I had to be there. I'll try to take a couple more pictures close up and register the frame. I'm glad people are enjoying these bikes. I was always proud of my bike in the day.

Mike
bayareafat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2006, 11:25 PM   #4
MikeyNYC

Post 87 fat chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayareafat
$1024.00 to be exact if my memory serves me correct. At the time it was more money than I spent on my car. The bike was well used and I hammered up some big hills. Single track was my favorite. I was at a outdoor concert a couple years ago at a neighborhood park. One of my old friends saw the bike parked and knew I had to be there. I'll try to take a couple more pictures close up and register the frame. I'm glad people are enjoying these bikes. I was always proud of my bike in the day.

Mike
Mike,

That's a cool story thanks for the info, you've certainly gotten your moneys worth out of the bike after all these years!

Here's one thing that confuses me - You parked that bike at a concert and it didn't disappear? ?

Please post your serial # in the registry for all to peruse!

Regards,

Michael-NYC
MikeyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote