FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > Builder's Corner

Builder's Corner Restoration and preservation. Keep them running in perfect shape. What size is your bottom bracket?

Old July 20th, 2006, 2:21 PM   #1
Jack Lantern

Default Fat Chance paint codes..?

Howdy,
I have a 91 Yo that is painted the stock yellow color and until the decals are available from Doug for a total re-spray I wanted to hit it with a little touch-up paint. Any ideas what the paint code would be and where would be the best source for it...local frame builder, auto paint store? Paint job is pretty thin and seems to chip off even if I look at it wrong.

Thanks for any info you all can provide.
Old July 20th, 2006, 2:38 PM   #2
MikeyNYC

Post Fat Chance paint codes..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lantern
Howdy,
I have a 91 Yo that is painted the stock yellow color and until the decals are available from Doug for a total re-spray I wanted to hit it with a little touch-up paint. Any ideas what the paint code would be and where would be the best source for it...local frame builder, auto paint store? Paint job is pretty thin and seems to chip off even if I look at it wrong.

Thanks for any info you all can provide.
Jack Lantern,

Most of the stock colors that Fat City used on frames were just basic DuPont Imron paints, so if you can get a hold of an Imron color chart at an auto body, motorcycle custom shop or hardware store maybe you can order a small amount to do some touch ups? I hope that helps and if you're successful can you please post your findings to let others know what you've found out for others to follow suit?

Thanks,

Michael-NYC
MikeyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote