FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > Builder's Corner

Builder's Corner Restoration and preservation. Keep them running in perfect shape. What size is your bottom bracket?

Old June 7th, 2006, 2:54 PM   #1
Somerville Chance

Default 1987 Restoration Project..Seat Tab? (function or authenticity)

Hey Everyone,

I recently just found this site and am thrilled to find a community that reserves the right to getting geeked out over fatties. I'm currently restoring a fat that I purchased off of Fleabay. I have stripped it completely (including the surface rust in the seat tube and BB) and am ready for a repaint. I'll update as I go with pics. I've been buying the parts here and there. (Phil bottom bracket, Salsa stem/bars, King headset (purple), Kalloy seatpost (purple)) I'm going to build the bike into a single speed and use it rather than hang it on my wall.

Recently, I bought a Salsa Lip-Lock clamp in 28.6 assuming it would fit. Needless to say, it doesn't fit because of the seatpost tab.(why was this created? slipage?) I could either search the earth for a generic BMX clamp or just hack-and-file the tab off (prior to repaint of course) and use the Salsa clamp I have. Does anyone have any suggestions on this matter?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg apr28064.jpg (93.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg apr28061.jpg (102.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg apr28068.jpg (90.0 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by fattybobatty; June 11th, 2006 at 11:40 AM.
Somerville Chance is offline   Reply With Quote