FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > Builder's Corner

Builder's Corner Restoration and preservation. Keep them running in perfect shape. What size is your bottom bracket?

Old June 10th, 2005, 6:54 PM   #1
John
Administrator

Default Canti studs for a 93 Yo fork

Just managed to shear one of the front canti studs on my 1993 Yo Eddy fork whilst tightening it up. Fortunately I managed to get the remainder out of the fork (one snapped drill bit, one slight scratch to the fork and a good deal of cursing later).
Perhaps even more fortunately after trying about 4 canti studs off various forks and frames in the garage I found the studs off an old set of Cannondale Pepperoni forks fitted a treat. Although it seems unlikely I'm going to be needing the Pepperonis anytime soon (they've been unused since I bought a set of Manitou 3s in 1994) I'd like to get a replacement set of studs anyhow. Anybody have an idea of the size and where I might get them from? I'll try the LBS tomorrow but don't hold much hope.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2005, 3:22 AM   #2
marc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutteger
Just managed to shear one of the front canti studs on my 1993 Yo Eddy fork whilst tightening it up. Fortunately I managed to get the remainder out of the fork (one snapped drill bit, one slight scratch to the fork and a good deal of cursing later).
Perhaps even more fortunately after trying about 4 canti studs off various forks and frames in the garage I found the studs off an old set of Cannondale Pepperoni forks fitted a treat. Although it seems unlikely I'm going to be needing the Pepperonis anytime soon (they've been unused since I bought a set of Manitou 3s in 1994) I'd like to get a replacement set of studs anyhow. Anybody have an idea of the size and where I might get them from? I'll try the LBS tomorrow but don't hold much hope.
the older cannondale studs will fit, thread size is 5/16". they are still available, order them from your local c'dale dealer.

i've ordered a few sets some months ago, it will cost around 4 EURO/stud - not cheap but worth the money. i also had tried to get a set from wendyll but it took about 4 months and finally the wrong size of studs arrived (M10 for the newer fat frames instead of the 5/16")
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2005, 8:45 AM   #3
John
Administrator

marc,

cheers for that, I'll give it a go.

John
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2005, 5:12 AM   #4
scant

yeh thanks marc, thats good info to know

might be worthy of a FAQ section Doug?

scant
scant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2005, 1:48 PM   #5
Lowrider

or you can buy the original spare, on the online shop from the ex swiss fat distributor.

http://www.velo-direct.ch/list.php?search=Fat

cheers

Lowrider
Lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote