FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > General Fat Chance Discussion

General Fat Chance Discussion Anything and everything about the best mountain bikes ever made.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 30th, 2015, 12:38 PM   #1
fmenezes
New Member
 
Join Date: May 4th, 2014
Location: Menezes
Posts: 3
Default NEED HELP IDing & Pricing This Bike

I bought this bike in late 1980's from a bike mechanic in East Providence, RI. He had just powder coated the frame flat black, and rebuilt it with Shimano Deore derailleurs. I'm not sure of year since serial numbers are not visible on BB. Plan to sell it as I moved to a 3rd floor condo with no elevator and bought a lighter road bike that is easier to tote (I'm 71). Any help you can provide to help me sell this is very much appreciated. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0933.JPG (360.8 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0934.JPG (405.4 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0935.JPG (380.1 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0936.JPG (373.7 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0937.JPG (299.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0938.JPG (374.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0939.JPG (316.1 KB, 42 views)
fmenezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2015, 11:08 AM   #2
I-ROBOT
Senior Member
 
I-ROBOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 7th, 2007
Location: Hudson, MA
Posts: 369
Default

Looks like a 21" 1985 Kicker - just before my time
Scott
I-ROBOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2015, 2:18 PM   #3
fmenezes
New Member
 
Join Date: May 4th, 2014
Location: Menezes
Posts: 3
Default Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-ROBOT View Post
Looks like a 21" 1985 Kicker - just before my time
Scott
Thanks much for reply to my inquiry. I'm not very knowlegable about Fat City bikes so please bear with me.

What does "Kicker" mean? How do I verify it's 21"? Any guess what bike is worth and is fat cogs classifieds a good place to sell?
fmenezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2015, 3:40 PM   #4
mainlyfats
Senior Member
 
mainlyfats's Avatar
 
Join Date: August 13th, 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 703
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmenezes View Post
Thanks much for reply to my inquiry. I'm not very knowlegable about Fat City bikes so please bear with me.

What does "Kicker" mean? How do I verify it's 21"? Any guess what bike is worth and is fat cogs classifieds a good place to sell?
Measuring from the centre of the bottom bracket spindle to the centre of the top tube along the seat tube will confirm the size. Calling it a mid-late 80's bike is good enough - it probably doesn't need more precision than that in an ad.

Kicker is the model name. It used a basic tubeset and you can tell it from the more competition oriented frame by the braze-ons for fenders/racks.

In that kind of condition, I think you could probably expect $200-$250 (less if those zip ties mean that the rear brake cable stops are busted). I'd suggest your local Craigslist or Kijiji to avoid the cost and hassle of packing/posting.

Good luck with the sale. Happy cycling!
mainlyfats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2015, 8:12 AM   #5
fmenezes
New Member
 
Join Date: May 4th, 2014
Location: Menezes
Posts: 3
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainlyfats View Post
Measuring from the centre of the bottom bracket spindle to the centre of the top tube along the seat tube will confirm the size. Calling it a mid-late 80's bike is good enough - it probably doesn't need more precision than that in an ad.

Kicker is the model name. It used a basic tubeset and you can tell it from the more competition oriented frame by the braze-ons for fenders/racks.

In that kind of condition, I think you could probably expect $200-$250 (less if those zip ties mean that the rear brake cable stops are busted). I'd suggest your local Craigslist or Kijiji to avoid the cost and hassle of packing/posting.

Good luck with the sale. Happy cycling!
Thanks for the great explanation and good wishes. Bike measures 19". No, cable stops are still there, just not being used. I'll be posting craigslist soon.
fmenezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.