FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > General Fat Chance Discussion

General Fat Chance Discussion Anything and everything about the best mountain bikes ever made.

Old February 13th, 2015, 12:48 AM   #1
Cruisey J

Default Bike Identification

Hi Guy's, Jay here, i'll give you a quick run down of my bike, I purchased this bike second hand whilst living in Whistler Canada in 1995, bought it off a mate of a mate that was competing in cross country at the time.

Anyways from what I gather I got a Fat Chance - Team Chance??, it is all black frame has Team Chance stickers on the head tube and down tube, also the skull x bones at the top of the seat stays, has a Team Chance ally etched seat clamp and came with Manitou 1's front shocks. The number on the bottom bracket is H1N02923.

I actually sold the bike 2yrs later back in Australia and then bought it back 4yrs later, just couldn't let it go, it's still in fair-good condition and has original XT components, wolber rims, ect.... It has been sitting in the shed for age and i have been considering restoring and bringing it back to new with a new paint as there is some rust starting to happen. Besides that I would like to get back on the saddle.

It was pretty cool back in the day riding this bike around Whistler, I had so many comments about it and people saying they would love a Fat Chance, being from Aust I didn't understand all the fuss at the time, I'm glad I still have it.
Any info about it would be greatly appreciated, cheers Jay

Last edited by Cruisey J; February 13th, 2015 at 1:26 AM. Reason: adding more info
Cruisey J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2015, 1:49 AM   #2
jpicard616

It could be a Fat, but I'm probably not the only one who's seen a bike with the incorrect decals. Your best bet for identification is to post some photos.
jpicard616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2015, 9:09 AM   #3
ameybrook

Team Chances were Asian-made bikes authorized by Fat and designed for the Canadian market. Probably a completely functional old steel bike, but not desirable from a Fat City Cycles collector/nostalgia standpoint.
ameybrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2015, 11:16 AM   #4
chefmiguel

Check the First Flight Bikes webpage. They have had one of those Canadian Team Chance bikes for a while
chefmiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2015, 5:58 PM   #5
Tgreenfield24

I believe first flight sold theirs on eBay last week
Tgreenfield24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2015, 9:59 PM   #6
Cruisey J

Thanks for the replies guys, I will try to put some pics up
Cruisey J is offline   Reply With Quote