FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > Builder's Corner

Builder's Corner Restoration and preservation. Keep them running in perfect shape. What size is your bottom bracket?

Old May 22nd, 2014, 5:00 PM   #1
SlimYoEddy

Default Stem suggestions?

Hi there. I have been building up a 94 Yo Eddy frame I got a while back. Haven't been able to find a fork or a stem for it. I finally gave up on trying to get a Yo fork and bought a mint condition Rock Shox Mag 21. Now all I need is the stem and I am good to go.

But finding a stem is also proving to be difficult. Any thoughts / suggestions on stems that might be more readily available? I was hoping I could find a Salsa Roller similar to what I have on my original 93 Yo, but at this point, I just want to get the bike done.

Thanks in advance for any input you can provide.
SlimYoEddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 6:39 AM   #2
iveto1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimYoEddy View Post
Hi there. I have been building up a 94 Yo Eddy frame I got a while back. Haven't been able to find a fork or a stem for it. I finally gave up on trying to get a Yo fork and bought a mint condition Rock Shox Mag 21. Now all I need is the stem and I am good to go.

But finding a stem is also proving to be difficult. Any thoughts / suggestions on stems that might be more readily available? I was hoping I could find a Salsa Roller similar to what I have on my original 93 Yo, but at this point, I just want to get the bike done.

Thanks in advance for any input you can provide.
Hi. Because you are using suspension forks, you do not need a roller stem. 22.2 Salsa stems without rollers are quite easy to find on ebay. Ringle are popular on Fats, but I like some of the Ritchey & Tioga stems also.
iveto1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 7:55 AM   #3
mainlyfats

What seatpost do you have? That's a belt and shoes thing for me...
mainlyfats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 10:26 AM   #4
SlimYoEddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainlyfats View Post
What seatpost do you have? That's a belt and shoes thing for me...
I found a Syncros on eBay a while back I was going to use. But I also have a Mavic that was the original post on my original Yo that is also available to use.
Old May 29th, 2014, 10:27 AM   #5
SlimYoEddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iveto1983 View Post
Hi. Because you are using suspension forks, you do not need a roller stem. 22.2 Salsa stems without rollers are quite easy to find on ebay. Ringle are popular on Fats, but I like some of the Ritchey & Tioga stems also.
Many thanks. Will look for that particular size Salsa. A roller stem came up the other day and sold while I was sleeping. Bummed to miss it. Would still like one since I eventually plan to find a Fat fork and swap it out for the Rockshox fork. Just got tired of waiting so I went with the RS for now.