FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > Builder's Corner

Builder's Corner Restoration and preservation. Keep them running in perfect shape. What size is your bottom bracket?

Old March 20th, 2014, 8:18 PM   #1
jpicard616

Default Titanium seatpost head seperation... help

So after searching for a year, I finally found an Ultimate Machine Co titanium seatpost. Unfortunately the aluminum head was loose and came off of the ti shaft.

I would imagine that this is something that can happen with any ti post... but I really have no idea. If anyone else has had this issue and knows how to repair it, please tell me. I really don't want to scrap this component
jpicard616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2014, 3:32 AM   #2
Stingercut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpicard616 View Post
So after searching for a year, I finally found an Ultimate Machine Co titanium seatpost. Unfortunately the aluminum head was loose and came off of the ti shaft.

I would imagine that this is something that can happen with any ti post... but I really have no idea. If anyone else has had this issue and knows how to repair it, please tell me. I really don't want to scrap this component
I haven't tried this on a seatpost but I build my own Tour Issue golf clubs and use long cure Epoxy. Try http://www.golfworks.com/category.as..._33_A_c2c_E_ln

Or the best stuff is 3M DP 110 http://www.vikingtapes.co.uk/p-862-3...x#.UywECO0gHCQ. left overnight in a warm room to fully cure.

You will need to lightly roughen/ key the contact surfaces and clean them carefully to remove dust and oil residues, then apply the 50:50 carefully mixed epoxy to both contact surfaces. You don't need too much glue, just cover all the contact surfaces and twist gently into its final position. Clean up any excess and leave overnight to dry. This stuff is as strong as it gets for sheer and impact strength as it's designed to stop a golf head flying off when you muller it !

Good luck and please post up pictures and a review after testing
Stingercut is offline   Reply With Quote