FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > General Fat Chance Discussion

General Fat Chance Discussion Anything and everything about the best mountain bikes ever made.

Old February 23rd, 2013, 12:33 PM   #1
ishaw

Default SBrian has come good

I bought some parts and promptly paid sbrian for them. After initial exchanges which seemed pleasant enough not to set any alarm bells ringing, things went quiet after I asked for the tracking details of the package, as over a month had gone by since they were posted and i had still not received them. I've still heard nothing despite contacting him via his registered PayPal address (that I sent payment to), retrobike private messaging and also messaging on this very forum. He has logged in to fat cogs since I sent my message, so he must simply be ignoring me. Anyone know him? Can anyone give him a nudge to get him to explain where my stuff is? I'd like the parts I've paid for obviously, or my money back but as he's ignoring all forms of communication I've tried, I've no other choice but to post this more publicly.

For reference, here's a thread I started on retrobike that was initially about the length of time I'd waited, but has now turned into a warning for anyone considering buying from him:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/vie...37050#p1837050

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. sbrian, if you read this maybe you could get in touch and let me know what's going on.

Last edited by ishaw; March 2nd, 2013 at 3:53 PM. Reason: Change of thread direction
ishaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2013, 2:56 PM   #2
chevron

I know him ,and know him to be a reputable person. Last year he told me he had some serious health issues , I would venture a guess ,that may have something to do with it ,or a shipping problem ,may have occurred. Heres hoping the parts arrive soon.
chevron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2013, 4:24 PM   #3
ishaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevron View Post
I know him ,and know him to be a reputable person. Last year he told me he had some serious health issues , I would venture a guess ,that may have something to do with it ,or a shipping problem ,may have occurred. Heres hoping the parts arrive soon.
I hope you are right (not about the health issues obviously), but he's been on here since I messaged him and ignored my message as its still sitting unopened according to the message tracker - fact.

Other people have had replies to messages sent to him after mine according to retrobike users, so why avoid mine?
Old February 23rd, 2013, 4:51 PM   #4
yo-Nate-y
Global Moderator

Because he mailed it late and doesn't have tracking and doesn't know what to do? Busy with 'real' life and this missing package seems to stressful to deal with? All sorts of possibilities.

But I totally agree that he should respond. No real excuse not to. Still it doesn't *necessarily* mean that he is trying to fleece you....

I hope he steps up and responds to you soon, and that you guys can work things out!!
Old February 23rd, 2013, 8:18 PM   #5
tvcreative

I have dealings with him on this forum and on ebay with absolutely no issues.

He was prompt with email, payments and shipping...

keep at it...I am sure he will get back to you

Jim
tvcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2013, 4:47 AM   #6
ishaw

Lets hope you are all right, though 2 months is getting a bit silly now I'm sure you will all agree. And his recent eBay feedback isn't great.
Old February 24th, 2013, 12:31 PM   #7
ishaw

His eBay feedback thread isn't looking too good of late, seems a couple of people have sufferered the same fate as me, I.e. parted with money and received sweet FA.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...&userid=mrsdog
Old February 24th, 2013, 1:31 PM   #8
yo-Nate-y
Global Moderator

That's the same person? I thought he was in MA not Florida.
Old February 24th, 2013, 2:49 PM   #9
chevron

Just confirming he moved to Fla , he came to pick up parts , from me ,before moving. Sorry but I do not have his phone # or address -to try and reach him.

Last edited by chevron; February 24th, 2013 at 3:15 PM.
chevron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2013, 3:28 PM   #10
ishaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo-Nate-y View Post
That's the same person? I thought he was in MA not Florida.
It's the same 'trustworthy' person. I've got his full address, but I'm not going to be writing him a letter, but it will have its uses if/when the time comes.
Old February 24th, 2013, 3:30 PM   #11
ishaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevron View Post
Just confirming he moved to Fla , he came to pick up parts , from me ,before moving. Sorry but I do not have his phone # or address -to try and reach him.
Appreciate the sentiment, but if he's not replying to the various messages I've sent through the channels I have info for, its unlikely he'd hang on the line very long if I phoned him.
Old February 24th, 2013, 3:38 PM   #12
ishaw

Some info here on some less than satisfied customers: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=205268
Old February 26th, 2013, 4:42 AM   #13
fed1030

Excactly what it says.

Last edited by fed1030; February 27th, 2013 at 1:33 AM.
fed1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2013, 4:14 PM   #14
fat-tony
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fed1030 View Post
monitoring this now.
As a new member, what do you mean by "monitoring this now"?
fat-tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2013, 10:26 PM   #15
yo-Nate-y
Global Moderator

The feds are on the case. Duh
Old February 27th, 2013, 4:17 AM   #16
ishaw

Quote:
That's kind of what I thought. Sbrian did log on to fat cogs yesterday but seems to have missed/avoided my message and this post, as well as my other one in the for sale section.
Old February 27th, 2013, 4:48 PM   #17
jonsonneborn

Quote:
Fedo1030's real name is Elron Hubbard. Scientologists on the case??? Maybe Tom Cruise is working on it too!
Old February 27th, 2013, 5:22 PM   #18
ishaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsonneborn View Post
Fedo1030's real name is Elron Hubbard. Scientologists on the case??? Maybe Tom Cruise is working on it too!
Call me suspicious, but it could simply be sbrian registering a new user to keep an eye on this thread, or maybe there are higher powers at work here? Either way, any help is appreciated if it helps sort the situation out.
Old February 27th, 2013, 5:41 PM   #19
fed1030

Good afternoon gentleman. We are not sbrian. Simply an interested party.
fed1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2013, 8:30 PM   #20
jpicard616

This forum is for owners and fans of Fat City Cycles, and not for keeping track of an individuals on-line reputation. I find it unnerving and inappropriate, to say the least, that fed1030 has seemingly created a username with an obviously fake personal name and location just to keep track of this thread.

Maybe it would be wise for an administrator to look into this(these) person(s)...?
jpicard616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2013, 11:12 AM   #21
ishaw

I have it on good authority that sbrian has been selling stuff on eBay under a different name, though not that different. It seems he has sold at least one item that was bought and paid for, but negative feedback left as the buyer didn't receive it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221192469600

Note the username: briansrv - coincidence?

As for the post above, I'm not sure exactly what the issue is. If someone stole your bike in the street you would be more than happy for the police or other authorities to investigate the who's, why's and ultimately get it back for you. This is the same thing, just online.

As I may have already said, this thread is merely to serve as a warning to anyone considering buying from a member of this and other classic bike forums, its not to keep an eye on someone's online profile, that has been a happy coincidence as I must say, a number of users on here and other forums have contacted me with useful information as well as uncovered other victims. As a yo eddy owner, and as the parts I did not receive were for that bike, I don't think I'm transgressing any moral or legal boundaries by posting this thread and updating it with pertinent information.

Last edited by ishaw; March 2nd, 2013 at 4:05 PM.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 11:55 AM   #22
ishaw

He could well be selling the forks I paid for here:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=02550999100
Old March 2nd, 2013, 3:59 PM   #23
ishaw

So after paying on the 30th December 2012, not hearing anything after the 29th Jan, I tried one last time to get in touch with sbrian, and got an instant response. I have now received a refund for the parts I did not receive. It really should not have taken an unltimatum (refund or report to the local PD) to illicit a response, but at least I can report that sbrian has come good and refunded me.

I hope the parts are not missing for ever and that they either finally arrive with me, or are returned back to sbrian. If the former transpires, i will of course let him know and pay for them.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 9:40 AM   #24
yo-Nate-y
Global Moderator

Glad to hear you got your $$ back.