FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > General Fat Chance Discussion

General Fat Chance Discussion Anything and everything about the best mountain bikes ever made.

Old July 29th, 2004, 9:19 AM   #1
scant

Default If you could ask Chris Chance 1 question...

... what would you ask (sensible questions only please!)

I asked wendyl some time ago if she could ask Chris a few questions that perhaps loyal/avid/nutter! fatcogs would like answered.

So you lucky people! please field your question here & I'll try to get the best of them answered (in the depths of time that is my dis-organised life!)

eg, Do you actually know what yo eddy is? Did you know that the original Yo betty was a cat? etc.. ;D

scant
scant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2004, 5:14 PM   #2
Mountain Goat

Why.......when and how did it all go wrong <sob> ?

I heard a rumour that some Riders in the Tour De France (late 80's or early 90's) rode resprayed / badged Chris Chance road bikes and that somebody (dont know who) actually won a time trial on one........is this true and if so who was it ?

Cant you start producing Fat's again, I'm sure the market is turning?

I also heard a rumour from a crazy canadian that Chris Chance was studying to be a Neurosurgeon (or something similar) is this true?

Who really invented the first mountain bike, I refuse to believe it was Gary Fischer (I met him and he has real attitude problem)?
Mountain Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2004, 5:35 PM   #3
corky3

I heard he'd spent time studying to be a masseur..... which seems a lttle far-fetched!

But yeah, get back to the torch Chris.....
Old August 14th, 2004, 6:33 PM   #4
Doug Carter
Global Moderator

OK, I'll add to the untruths and rumors... I heard he was working in Canada, welding up steel lawn and patio furniture for an outdoor furnishings company. That definitely seems like a waste of talent.

So what really happened so nasty to drive one of the great frame builders so FAR away from the cycling industry?
1993 GT Xizang
Doug Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2004, 11:59 PM   #5
rick

Default Chris Chance

There was a short profile in Dirt Rag #100 about Chris and some other bike folks.
I did not dig it out but still have the issue. According to the article he did indeed study Shiatsu (sic?) massage and I believe is doing some design work for a company that makes outdoor products, not necessarily any welding and such.
rick is offline   Reply With Quote