Big One Inch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ti-Fat Man

Calling Scant,
A while ago we had a thread going on regarding a re-issue of the gorgous 'Big One fork'.
Rumuors were that some new forks were going to be produced, albeit on a small production run, it was a 'kind of watch this space time'.
With your connections are you aware if this is still the case?
Seeing a Ti on the bay with these forks, has made me more desperate to bag a set of these for the 'show off' months, come summer time!
I keep looking a the Spicer Ti rigid forks, and am close to putting in my order (checked with them and they do a 1" steerer).
Sure they will do the trick, but in my heart I know there not quite the real thing, you know what I mean.
Has anyone got Spicer Ti rigids fitted their rigs?
Cheers Alan.
ps. what are the must attend events coming up this summer for retro geeks in the uk?

scant

wendyl is doing small scale runs of the Big 1inch. mail me for wendyls mail :)

check the s.spd forum on mtbr.com. theres a few spicer ti forks on there if u want to go that route?

no organised events as yet. probs SSMM in malvern again. we'll have some kind of gazeboo just incase ;D

Kevin Grady

Bikeman.com is selling some Big One Inch CX forks, that Christopher Igleheart has been licensed to build. Chris is a former frame/fork builder for Fat Chance and he is selling some of his product through Bikeman. If you check out the Bikeman website, there is a folder tab to the right called "Bathroom News", and that is where you will find some information. I emailed Bikeman, and I think they may have one or two atb style forks in stock. They are not cheap ($US300), but they are the same as originals.

I also emailed Chris (IGLEBIKE(at)aol.com) and he confirmed that he is building old Fat Chance forks. I did not buy one becuase I got an old 1" RS Quadra suspension fork with Englund cartridges for free from a friend.

rick

I recently conversed with Chris Igleheart and he said that the 1" forks were nearing completion and that the 1 1/8" forks would be available in the spring.

He said that it was OK to share this information here and said feel free to contact him and let him know that you are interested.

rick

wyatt

Wenyll's Email

scant said:
wendyl is doing small scale runs of the Big 1inch. mail me for wendyls mail :)

Hi! Can you forward Wendyll Behrend's email? I need to ask a question about timeline changes and also ask about the fork. My direct email is rwd1018@hotmail.com
Thanks loads!

rody

Dude, you might as well forget about getting ANY Fat items from Wendyll, let alone a new Big One Inch.

The whole reason there are multiple threads about decals is that we have had to begin producing our own to fill the void. All good things can last forever, they just may not come from the same source ;) .

Do a search on rigid forks for this site, I believe there have been multiple threads.

cheers,

rody

MikeyNYC

fatf**knchance said:
c'mon guys, who do you think wendyll is getting to build the forks????
just give chris a call.

From what I've heard Wendyll THOUGHT that Chris Igleheart was going to finish the Fat City Fork project with her, but he apparently skipped town with her raw materials, made a few forks and never shared in any profits with her, which is yet another reason why she has probably lost even more interest/faith in the Bike Biz.

I'm surprised, well actually I'm NOT surprised that so many people thought that suspension was the BOMB back in the 1990's and they either discarded or even opted to NOT even order a rigid fork with their Fat Chance frames while others (like me heh heh) sat on the sidelines and never got rid of any of my rigid forks and now I kind of enjoy watching the mad scramble to get back to the roots of the joys of a fully rigid Fat Chance...

Michael-NYC

Doug Carter

Staff member
MikeyNYC said:
From what I've heard Wendyll THOUGHT that Chris Igleheart was going to finish the Fat City Fork project with her, but he apparently skipped town with her raw materials, made a few forks and never shared in any profits with her, which is yet another reason why she has probably lost even more interest/faith in the Bike Biz.

Careful Michael, one-sided information is only half of the story. I have heard from more than a few different places a story quite different than that one. Based on the way Wendyll has conducted herself with more than a few members of this board and individuals elsewhere on the web, she has little or no credibility to speak of in my book. Dragging someone's name through the mud based on something she may have told you isn't necessarily something that we need here.

Chris is a forum member, and stops by from time to time. I'm sure he can give you a first-hand account and his side of dealings with Wendyll. Until then, questioning of someone's character shouldn't be postured based on rumors, heresay and innuendos. I don't really want to see that here. I've been on the receiving end of that before, and it is not fun to see false information attacking your own character and integrity.

d

fatf**knchance

We should all be really thankful for anybody that is trying to keep our fats alive. whether it be Wendyll with her knowledge of / left over product, Chris building forks, or even Doug with his reproduction decals. This really is all we have left of a defunct company. (except ebay$$$$$$)

MikeyNYC

Doug Carter said:
Careful Michael, one-sided information is only half of the story. I have heard from more than a few different places a story quite different than that one. Based on the way Wendyll has conducted herself with more than a few members of this board and individuals elsewhere on the web, she has little or no credibility to speak of in my book. Dragging someone's name through the mud based on something she may have told you isn't necessarily something that we need here.

Chris is a forum member, and stops by from time to time. I'm sure he can give you a first-hand account and his side of dealings with Wendyll. Until then, questioning of someone's character shouldn't be postured based on rumors, heresay and innuendos. I don't really want to see that here. I've been on the receiving end of that before, and it is not fun to see false information attacking your own character and integrity.

d

Doug,

First off what exactly do I need to be careful of, Offending Christopher Igleheart? Let him speak up and defend himself if there are untruths being told here! Plus where did you hear your stories and how do you know that they're the truth?

I only know what I hear from Wendyll and as her personal friend, I can no longer sit quietly and let people bad mouth her here! This woman lived, breathed, ate, slept FAT CITY CYCLES and the demise of the company that she poured her heart and soul into coincided with the demise of her career, her marriage and the dropping out of sight of one of the most creative people in the history of the bicycling world; Chris Chance. I don't think that what I've said about Christopher Igleheart is based on rumors, heresay and innuendo because I have had actual telephone conversations with him MYSELF that were coordinated by Wendyll back in 2002 & 2003, where he said he was going to finally deliver the Big One Inch forks, per some prior arrangement made before the complete downfall of Fat City Cycles up in Vermont and I (as in ME MikeyNYC) was going to help Wendyll to market and sell these forks that Christopher was to produce, as she recognized the demand for the product via people like us, the FAT COGS, DESPITE the fact that there was very little IF ANY money in it for her! Wendyll was always EXTREMELY patient and helpful to the FAT COGS Community LONG AFTER she had any obligation to do so, because she felt pride in being involved with such a passionate group of folks. Needless to say Christopher Igleheart never followed through with ME and although I can't speak for Wendyll and won't, anytime I had followed up with or spoken with her since about that venture, she has not sounded thrilled with the outcome...So, not pointing any fingers here but there was obviously a falling out somewhere in the mix and I witnessed part of it firsthand so don't give me the 2 sides to every story speech, I watched both sides of that story fall apart to a degree!

As far as how Wendyll has conducted herself online, please give an example. If you're referring to all of the decal requests gone unanswered-everyone here was whining about how they sent her $30 and never got decals, but few cared that she had major surgery and recovered well and is in the process of attempting to get back on her feet with a new career, since we all know that there is no money to be made in decal sales alone and she will most likely get around to her obligations that she knows that she has been neglecting, when she is physically able to!

Gosh, I thought being a FAT COG was about being into Fat Chance bicycles?

I'm going to go be "careful" now...

Michael-NYC

Kirk Pacenti

Forks...

You know I wanted to build these forks...I still would, but....

Some months ago, I contacted Wendyll about buying the rights to Fat City Cycles, all its designs, trade marks, patents, etc. Wendyll said in no uncertain terms that she had no interest in selling any part of FCC. However she did say she might be interested in a "licensing" agreement.

Initially I was against a licensing agreement, who needs a boss!? Then, I started to warm to the idea. I tried several times to get in touch with Wendyll to talk this out, but never could get a response by phone or email. I figured her silence was answer enough.

As Doug recently pointed out, there is nothing to sell or license on her part. The trade marks have all expired. The patents very well may have too. My guess is that knowing this would come out in any serious investigation and negotiation, she just dropped it.

I don't know her well enough t comment beyond what I have said here. She was very nice to me on the phone. She even flattered by my interest, but that's as far as it went. I have heard lot's of not so nice stuff about her, but its all hear-say imo.

Doug Carter

Staff member
This has degraded into a "he said, she said" that I don't want on these forums. If anyone wants to speak for themselves, that's fine, but calling out others won't be tolerated here.

I don't care to discuss innuendo here, and I only know of my dealing with individuals. Everyone else can make up their own minds about people, we don't need tabloid articles here.

Status
Not open for further replies.