FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > General Fat Chance Discussion

General Fat Chance Discussion Anything and everything about the best mountain bikes ever made.

Old November 27th, 2011, 8:21 AM   #1
tvcreative

Default poor form

I am getting sick of people out there taking pokes at european buyers of FC products

this is an international forum...

We should all be happy that we have a common thread that ties us...

Frankly for every poorly written jab at our european counterparts, it only re enforces the rest of the world's opinion that Americans are a bunch of self-centered jerk-water gas-holes...

It's a new world baby...while i don't like paying more for things, just think what your FAT items will fetch when you are ready to part ways...

seriously...I am an american, I really am quite intrigued by what others out there are willing to do to revive these machines - be they German, South American, English, Indonesian, whatever...

let this site be part of the glue that keeps us all together...
tvcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2011, 9:27 AM   #2
chainline

Well said
chainline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2011, 10:51 AM   #3
rthomer

Man I don't know... I agree with all of what you said about our international FC community, but if you're referring to a recent post as a "poke", I think you're over reacting a bit. It seemed pretty benign to me.

Lets face it, the economy blows here, and while I'm no economist, it seems that there's something up with exchange rates that drive up auctions and sales here in the States. On top of that international bidders are willing (and able) to factor in ridiculous shipping costs!

So if your'e bidding on a nice FC example, you better pony up or your Chances may be Slim. no pun intended.

Nothing derogatory about that (if I'm right).

That said, I REALLY enjoy all the builds and input from the international community, some amazing bikes for sure, very inspiring. ...
rthomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 2:17 AM   #4
BostonBobby

I appreciate the fact that people from around the World love a Bike that was built in the usa, more specifically Boston (well Somerville) Mass. It seems like there is much more foreign love for Fat Chance than there is in the States otherwise there wouldnt be so many popping up for sale on ebay. It took me a very long time to find my 1st Yo eddy as I didnt go on ebay (I have just this month made my 1st purchse there,ever).
I dont know what your reffering to cause I havent noticed any poor form re: the issue of foreign buyers.. Just the mention that they will drive the price up. And I sure dont mind something that I own increasing in value just in case I ever did wish to sell them.
I love the fact that right this moment there may be a Yo Eddy crusing along the streets of Rome, or passing over London Bridge. Fats are the glue that bind us together and its a great thing!
BostonBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 4:18 AM   #5
theredchili

As a European, thought I would just drop a few words here. I have never seen or felt any issues on this site. The guys i have had dealings with be it frames or parts are some of the most helpful and enthusastic strangers you could ever meet !

I appreciate the perception of us buying frames puts the prices up,but its all relative.Obviously there are more Fats here than anywhere which keeps prices reasonable compared to the UK, Germany etc.Also I feel people who own Fats love and cherish them so they are not readily available in the second hand market (which also keeps the prices up). The UK has a very strong retrobike scene as allot of you know, so its the Fats,Klein's,Yeti's that fetch the big money as back in the day they were the most desirable and still are.It would be the same if there was a sudden interest in the US of Paces,which in the UK are still reasonable money for a top end bike.

I hope people don't have issues with me or fellow European, Canadian,South Americans collecting Fat's which are hard to obtain over here, people who buy them, tend to keep them,enjoy them,proud of them.Who could be blamed for wanting some of the best steel rides ever made ?
theredchili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 5:11 PM   #6
yo-Nate-y
Global Moderator

I've got no issues.

I've sent a few American steel and alu frames off to Japan and several to Europe, sent Japanese track racers to the US when I lived there, and bought Japanese and European parts and frames from sellers in Europe. It's all good in the global hood.
Old November 29th, 2011, 6:07 PM   #7
chainline

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredchili View Post
as a european, thought i would just drop a few words here. I have never seen or felt any issues on this site. The guys i have had dealings with be it frames or parts are some of the most helpful and enthusastic strangers you could ever meet !

I appreciate the perception of us buying frames puts the prices up,but its all relative.obviously there are more fats here than anywhere which keeps prices reasonable compared to the uk, germany etc.also i feel people who own fats love and cherish them so they are not readily available in the second hand market (which also keeps the prices up). The uk has a very strong retrobike scene as allot of you know, so its the fats,klein's,yeti's that fetch the big money as back in the day they were the most desirable and still are.it would be the same if there was a sudden interest in the us of paces,which in the uk are still reasonable money for a top end bike.

I hope people don't have issues with me or fellow european, canadian,south americans collecting fat's which are hard to obtain over here, people who buy them, tend to keep them,enjoy them,proud of them.who could be blamed for wanting some of the best steel rides ever made ? :d
piss off ! ( hahahaha just kidding ) tension breaker... You like the photo i put up on fb ehh.!
Old November 30th, 2011, 2:39 AM   #8
theredchili

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainline View Post
piss off ! ( hahahaha just kidding ) tension breaker... You like the photo i put up on fb ehh.!
The slim ? yeah I do , send it over to me and I will Forgive you
Old November 30th, 2011, 5:43 AM   #9
chainline

look a little closer. it's the chris cross..ummm NO ! MAYBE WILL BRING YOU ONE.
Old November 30th, 2011, 5:48 AM   #10
theredchili

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainline View Post
look a little closer. it's the chris cross..ummm NO ! MAYBE WILL BRING YOU ONE.
Of course it is ! my mistake ,I must have been half asleep when I first looked at it !

lovely bike though
Old December 17th, 2011, 5:33 PM   #11
northerndave

As another FC owner from Europe, I'd have to agree with theredchili. I've not felt any bad vibes from anyone... Been collecting Fats for a couple of years now and it's simply the rarity over here that keeps the prices up - as with everything in life, supply and demand dictates pries.

Back to the main point, i've had nothing but really good help from everyone on FatCogs and I hope to be spending many more hours hanging out here.
northerndave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2011, 5:55 PM   #12
Zamfir

Default As a wise puppet once said....

.....it's a small world after all, it's a small world after all.

I haven't sensed any negative feelings toward Eurpoean owners or buyers, in fact it's been the opposite since i've joined this most excellent forum.
Zamfir is offline   Reply With Quote