FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > General Fat Chance Discussion

General Fat Chance Discussion Anything and everything about the best mountain bikes ever made.

Old August 8th, 2011, 1:00 PM   #1
jonnyboy666

Default repaint? is it considered bad form?

hey guys, some of you may know me from retrobike.co.uk

i recently bought my first fat, the buckshaver from northerndave, as his posts on here suggest it would really benefit from a respray. it is currently "arrest me red" but with the build i have in mind and the fact that the paint is not in good condition i was wondering about getting it painted a different colour as opposed to original.

what's the thoughts, go original or something different? is it considered bad form for it not to be original.

for the record i was thinking white with matching white marzocchi forks but with original style stickers and fat style lettering for the forks aswel.

i would be using Argos Cycles in bristol for the repaint as my muddy fox by them recently was awesome.

opinions please
jonnyboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2011, 1:50 PM   #2
yo-Nate-y
Global Moderator

Do whatever will make you happy! (and ride more)

I wouldn't worry about repraying a bike unless it was a rare/unique paint job. Arrest Me Red is a super nice color, but pretty standard.
Old August 8th, 2011, 2:15 PM   #3
jonnyboy666

that's cool then, i was probably gonna do it anyway but was curious about the response. i figured the red was pretty common and it's not like i'm trying to pass it off as a yo or something. but i thought sticking to a one colour respray was the way forward as being a buckshaver the whole point seems to be simplicity.

got mostly m739 xt for it and some spinergy xyclone wheels with some thomson bits aswel, should be nice.

jonnyboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote