FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > General Fat Chance Discussion

General Fat Chance Discussion Anything and everything about the best mountain bikes ever made.

Old June 12th, 2011, 7:47 PM   #1
ybnorml

Default Looking

Hello All
I'm looking for a Fat MB frame! I'm 6'2" about 180lbs, live in Canada close to Niagara Falls. From what I've read a Large frame would probably be my best fit. Just looking for any advice on sizing and or tips about what to look for.
It would be really great if someone here knew about one that is available and good value!

Thanks
ybnorml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2011, 8:14 PM   #2
mainlyfats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybnorml View Post
Hello All
I'm looking for a Fat MB frame! I'm 6'2" about 180lbs, live in Canada close to Niagara Falls. From what I've read a Large frame would probably be my best fit. Just looking for any advice on sizing and or tips about what to look for.
It would be really great if someone here knew about one that is available and good value!

Thanks
Hey there fellow Canadian! (I used to live in Fonthill BTW)

Unless you're oddly proportioned, you'd be after a Large or even an XL Yo, an XL Team Comp and either a 21 or 23 Wicked/Kicker/Fat Chance. You're most likely to find a Large Yo, and a 21' Wicked or Fat Chance. The others are very scarce.

I'm 6'3 and have had or ridden all these. I also used to ride a Large (20') Team Comp, but that's a whole lot of seatpost/stem by modern standards for a good fit.

My only advice would be not to look for a bargain unless you're ready to go down a long and expensive road. I bought a "rider" Team Comp a year and a bit ago for $600 or so and, because it wasn't actually rideable, am about $2400 in.

Doing right by the bike and being a bit (not completely) anal about it being period correct and 100% reliable can be serious wallet drainers, so you're always better off letting someone else take the hit.

Good luck with your search. Throw something in the wanted section - folks here do check.
mainlyfats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2011, 7:59 AM   #3
yo' djblu

good ones show their face EVERY ONCE and a while. Its a waiting game for sure. just keep checking u will find one under your butt soon enough.
yo' djblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 8:31 AM   #4
theredchili

Doing right by the bike and being a bit (not completely) anal about it being period correct and 100% reliable can be serious wallet drainers,

Agreed ! not to mention time to source correct parts !
theredchili is offline   Reply With Quote