FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > Gatherings, Rides & Events

Gatherings, Rides & Events Meet up with other Cogs, who need group support, just like you.

Old February 24th, 2011, 5:31 PM   #1
jbrannsten
Global Moderator

Default Bike shops in New haven CT

Guys,

In the middle of March I'm traveling to New Haven CT for a course at Yale. Can anyone recommend any bike shops or special places worth stopping by?

Thanks
Jon
'91 M Yo | '91 S Monster | '93 S/M Yo | '93 Buck Shaver | '94 M Ti | '94 S/M Yo, rust in seat tube. Saved by C. igleheart | '97 S/M Bro Eddy | '97 Klein Quantum Pro | '97 Klein Quantum Pro, Jade Chamelion |

Previous bikes:
'92 M Yo Team Violet, stolen in '95 never recovered | '92 M Yo, rust in seat and down tube, not possible to save | '93 Klein Attitude Moonrise, stolen in '95 never recovered | '98 Trek 9900 OCLV, sold
jbrannsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2011, 5:59 PM   #2
yo-Nate-y
Global Moderator

New Haven, where's that?
yo-Nate-y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2011, 6:05 PM   #3
yo-Nate-y
Global Moderator

There are three shops right in town, College St Cyclery on....College St, right downtown; the new Devil's Gear in a large space on Orange at the bottom of the new giant 360 State building; and then Amity bike's New Haven post out on Chapel St in the Wooster neighborhood (where Devil's Gear was before their move).

Get a little further out, and you've got North Haven Bikes, the original Amity Bikes up Whalley, past Westville, and a place who's name I am forgetting that is out on Boston Post Road.

Even further out and there are a couple more notable shops.

New Haven's Critical Mass rides are pretty fun. There are mtb trails close to town at East Rock and West Rock, and plenty more in short striking distance. Most trails are unfortunately still pretty snowy and icy, though, and after the thaw it'll be a trail-killing mudfest for a while.
Old February 24th, 2011, 7:32 PM   #4
jbrannsten
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo-Nate-y View Post
New Haven, where's that?
You tell me thanks for the info, hopefully I'll have time to stop by the shops and pick up some stuff before I return home.
'91 M Yo | '91 S Monster | '93 S/M Yo | '93 Buck Shaver | '94 M Ti | '94 S/M Yo, rust in seat tube. Saved by C. igleheart | '97 S/M Bro Eddy | '97 Klein Quantum Pro | '97 Klein Quantum Pro, Jade Chamelion |

Previous bikes:
'92 M Yo Team Violet, stolen in '95 never recovered | '92 M Yo, rust in seat and down tube, not possible to save | '93 Klein Attitude Moonrise, stolen in '95 never recovered | '98 Trek 9900 OCLV, sold
Old March 28th, 2011, 11:45 PM   #5
yo-Nate-y
Global Moderator

Sad news from the New Haven bike world: one of the fixture mechanics of the Devil's Gear was gunned down in his apartment a few days ago. If you stop by and the place seems down, that's why. Sad, sad story--Mitch was a great guy.
Old March 30th, 2011, 6:35 AM   #6
jbrannsten
Global Moderator

I'm back in Norway but read the news. It happen about a week after I returned home. Such a tragic story.....

Previous bikes: