FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > Retro MTB

Retro MTB Any old shool bikes outside the Fat world like Ritchey, Breezer, Salsa, VooDoo, Yeti, Bontrager, etc.

Old August 24th, 2010, 4:19 PM   #1
fat66

Default Bontrager Fork Question

I seem to remember reading in another thread about Bontrager Forks having a numbering system stamped on the fork crown that designated the rake,,,,,,,,,,so I cleaned up my Bonty and flipped it over and found the #5 stamped on the crown..........can anyone explain the details? THANX
2 Wheels Good
fat66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2010, 8:15 PM   #2
Kirk Pacenti

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat66 View Post
I seem to remember reading in another thread about Bontrager Forks having a numbering system stamped on the fork crown that designated the rake,,,,,,,,,,so I cleaned up my Bonty and flipped it over and found the #5 stamped on the crown..........can anyone explain the details? THANX
2 Wheels Good
By the time I had started working at Bontrager, they had all but stopped making rigid forks. However, I do recall the forks were available with 32mm, 35mm and 38mm of rake (off-set). Since they were all in the 30's, a 2, 5 or 8 may have sufficed to identify the amount of off-set the fork had... But that's just a guess. You'd be better off rigging some sort of system to measure the rake off a flat surface. A V-block and a flat surface would be a good starting point. Good luck! Cheers, KP
Old June 18th, 2011, 8:03 AM   #3
sneb

"Stimmt, das bezeichnet die Gabelvorbiegung. Die 5 zeigt 1,5" "fork rake" an - diese Gabeln waren f
sneb is offline   Reply With Quote