FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > Reader's Rides Gallery

Reader's Rides Gallery Show us your Fat. Keep your clothes on, though.

Old July 14th, 2009, 3:32 PM   #1
jbrannsten
Global Moderator

Default Mint 1993 Yo in S/M

Hey..here she is...

A friend of mine had two Yo's back in the early 90's. One was sold, the other one got the famous rust hole in the seat tube. I bought the frame + fork from him, and it has just been fixed by Chris Igleheart. I will post pics of the bike when I get it. Now it's time to get down to business about this store.

My friend calls me one day and says that a colleague of him has a Yo Eddy. She got it from her boyfriend in 1993 and she was considering to get rid of it. He had been "out of the game" for a long time and asked me what it was worth. Anyway, he ended up buying it ridiculous cheap. After trying to talk him into selling it I finally made it on Saturday, however paying more than twice the prie he paid.

Take a look at it, it looks great. The first owner claimed to have no more than maximum 20 rides on it, whatever you see that might look like dents or anything similar is only the dirt it has gathered throughout the years. I even enclosed a picture of the chain and cassette, it has never been cleaned so it is pretty obvious how little this bike has been ridden. Also, look at the drive side chain stay, not even one sign of chain suck or the chain falling off.

Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2939.JPG (294.7 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2940.JPG (217.5 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2941.JPG (307.7 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2942.JPG (304.1 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2948.JPG (232.7 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2951.JPG (198.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2952.JPG (198.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2957.JPG (192.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2960.JPG (206.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2967.JPG (253.4 KB, 36 views)
'91 M Yo | '91 S Monster | '93 S/M Yo | '93 Buck Shaver | '94 M Ti | '94 S/M Yo, rust in seat tube. Saved by C. igleheart | '97 S/M Bro Eddy | '97 Klein Quantum Pro | '97 Klein Quantum Pro, Jade Chamelion |

Previous bikes:
'92 M Yo Team Violet, stolen in '95 never recovered | '92 M Yo, rust in seat and down tube, not possible to save | '93 Klein Attitude Moonrise, stolen in '95 never recovered | '98 Trek 9900 OCLV, sold

Last edited by jbrannsten; July 14th, 2009 at 3:34 PM. Reason: Spelling errors
jbrannsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2009, 4:56 PM   #2
colker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrannsten View Post
Hey..here she is...

A friend of mine had two Yo's back in the early 90's. One was sold, the other one got the famous rust hole in the seat tube. I bought the frame + fork from him, and it has just been fixed by Chris Igleheart. I will post pics of the bike when I get it. Now it's time to get down to business about this store.

My friend calls me one day and says that a colleague of him has a Yo Eddy. She got it from her boyfriend in 1993 and she was considering to get rid of it. He had been "out of the game" for a long time and asked me what it was worth. Anyway, he ended up buying it ridiculous cheap. After trying to talk him into selling it I finally made it on Saturday, however paying more than twice the prie he paid.

Take a look at it, it looks great. The first owner claimed to have no more than maximum 20 rides on it, whatever you see that might look like dents or anything similar is only the dirt it has gathered throughout the years. I even enclosed a picture of the chain and cassette, it has never been cleaned so it is pretty obvious how little this bike has been ridden. Also, look at the drive side chain stay, not even one sign of chain suck or the chain falling off.

Enjoy!
i have been looking for a small medium Yo it's been a looooooong time. not an easy size to come by.
if you ever decide to sell it send me a PM.
Old July 15th, 2009, 1:38 PM   #3
bonsaii

Default Beautiful!!

Hi Jon!

Congrats on the lates purchace! Really a good one! What's the serial number? I now have nr. 533Y2MS and 539Y2MS from the 1992 Meduim/Small production run, so I wonder if yours is closely related??

-bns
93' monster fat aquafade (025M3M)
94' buck shaver metallic charcoal (134B4S)
98' yo betty! raspberry ice (YB 14 044)
bonsaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 1:41 PM   #4
jbrannsten
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsaii View Post
Hi Jon!

Congrats on the lates purchace! Really a good one! What's the serial number? I now have nr. 533Y2MS and 539Y2MS from the 1992 Meduim/Small production run, so I wonder if yours is closely related??

-bns
I'll check it during the evening. At the moment it looks like this will be passed on to my wife. I've been looking for a Yo Betty for her, but those a hard to come by so looks like it'll be a Yo instead
'91 M Yo | '91 S Monster | '93 S/M Yo | '93 Buck Shaver | '94 M Ti | '94 S/M Yo, rust in seat tube. Saved by C. igleheart | '97 S/M Bro Eddy | '97 Klein Quantum Pro | '97 Klein Quantum Pro, Jade Chamelion |

Previous bikes:
'92 M Yo Team Violet, stolen in '95 never recovered | '92 M Yo, rust in seat and down tube, not possible to save | '93 Klein Attitude Moonrise, stolen in '95 never recovered | '98 Trek 9900 OCLV, sold
Old July 15th, 2009, 2:17 PM   #5
bonsaii

No, no, Eddy for boys, Betty for girls.
Me short, you tall.

Need I say more?
93' monster fat aquafade (025M3M)
94' buck shaver metallic charcoal (134B4S)
98' yo betty! raspberry ice (YB 14 044)
bonsaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 2:24 PM   #6
jbrannsten
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsaii View Post
No, no, Eddy for boys, Betty for girls.
Me short, you tall.

Need I say more?
I have another s/m coming in. This is the one that has just gotten the seat tube repaired. It is currently in paint, and will be painted in the same color as my car, BMW's Sydney Blue. However, that frame has cost me enormous sums now so if I sell it it'll be expensive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2988_s.jpg (190.4 KB, 11 views)

Previous bikes:
Old July 15th, 2009, 2:46 PM   #7
jbrannsten
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by colker View Post
i have been looking for a small medium Yo it's been a looooooong time. not an easy size to come by.
if you ever decide to sell it send me a PM.
Have you seen this?

Previous bikes:
Old July 15th, 2009, 3:24 PM   #8
colker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrannsten View Post
Have you seen this?
someone is already onto it..

otoh it's the same color as my wicked.