FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > General Fat Chance Discussion

General Fat Chance Discussion Anything and everything about the best mountain bikes ever made.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 14th, 2009, 11:43 AM   #1
colker
Senior Member
 
colker's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 1st, 2006
Location: rio de janeiro
Posts: 972
Default just came back from riding my wicked.

Trail= woods. Bike= magical.
__________________
https://retratosdeflaviocolker.wordpress.com/
wanted: ride time.
colker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2009, 3:36 PM   #2
Jeeves
Senior Member
 
Join Date: August 6th, 2004
Location: VA - USA
Posts: 204
Default

Amen.
Jeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2009, 6:05 PM   #3
IF52
Senior Member
 
IF52's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 1st, 2006
Location: Ohio USA
Posts: 414
Default

It's funny, I just got back from riding my Yo, and all I got out of it was a broken nose.
__________________
M.O.M.

Keep your mudflaps down
IF52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2009, 6:07 PM   #4
colker
Senior Member
 
colker's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 1st, 2006
Location: rio de janeiro
Posts: 972
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IF52 View Post
It's funny, I just got back from riding my Yo, and all I got out of it was a broken nose.
ouch!!!
how did that happen?
__________________
https://retratosdeflaviocolker.wordpress.com/
wanted: ride time.
colker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2009, 6:32 PM   #5
IF52
Senior Member
 
IF52's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 1st, 2006
Location: Ohio USA
Posts: 414
Default

WELL, I was actually on a pretty easy trail system riding with my wife. I got to a short rock garden section, kind of like a rough cobblestone road actually and got my front wheel caught up . I kind of stepped forward and off the rocks where there was about an 8 inch drop to the ground that I didn't see and stumbled forward into what looked like really soft brush and tall grass. Well, the ground kind of fell away into a shallow ditch, which I also couldn't see because of the brsuh and grass, and before my hands could hit the ground the bridge of my nose stopped my fall by colliding with a branch about 8" diameter. I mean it was a dead center smack. Nothing but my nose hit the branch, so my entire 210lbs was behind it. Just kind of deviated my septum to the right - again. It hurts a bit still, but I finished the ride, which is good because my wife was riding really well and handled some obsticles she hadn't been able to do before.
__________________
M.O.M.

Keep your mudflaps down
IF52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2009, 6:35 PM   #6
IF52
Senior Member
 
IF52's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 1st, 2006
Location: Ohio USA
Posts: 414
Default

Oh, and I love riding that Yo. It feels way better than my IF. Perhaps because the Yo is an XL and my Deluxe fits more like a Large Yo.
__________________
M.O.M.

Keep your mudflaps down
IF52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2009, 6:38 PM   #7
colker
Senior Member
 
colker's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 1st, 2006
Location: rio de janeiro
Posts: 972
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IF52 View Post
WELL, I was actually on a pretty easy trail system riding with my wife. I got to a short rock garden section, kind of like a rough cobblestone road actually and got my front wheel caught up . I kind of stepped forward and off the rocks where there was about an 8 inch drop to the ground that I didn't see and stumbled forward into what looked like really soft brush and tall grass. Well, the ground kind of fell away into a shallow ditch, which I also couldn't see because of the brsuh and grass, and before my hands could hit the ground the bridge of my nose stopped my fall by colliding with a branch about 8" diameter. I mean it was a dead center smack. Nothing but my nose hit the branch, so my entire 210lbs was behind it. Just kind of deviated my septum to the right - again. It hurts a bit still, but I finished the ride, which is good because my wife was riding really well and handled some obsticles she hadn't been able to do before.
it wasn't your lucky day...
aaaaargh!
__________________
https://retratosdeflaviocolker.wordpress.com/
wanted: ride time.
colker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2009, 10:16 PM   #8
settemarche
Senior Member
 
settemarche's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 8th, 2006
Location: The O.C.
Posts: 370
Default

Flavor Flav,

did you have your camera with you?

Sette
settemarche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2009, 8:01 AM   #9
colker
Senior Member
 
colker's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 1st, 2006
Location: rio de janeiro
Posts: 972
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by settemarche View Post
Flavor Flav,

did you have your camera with you?

Sette
no. it was a quick escapade from work..
__________________
https://retratosdeflaviocolker.wordpress.com/
wanted: ride time.
colker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2009, 7:35 PM   #10
AB
Senior Member
 
AB's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 15th, 2005
Location: DE
Posts: 277
Thumbs Down

It's been raining so much around here the trails are useless
AB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2009, 8:41 PM   #11
colker
Senior Member
 
colker's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 1st, 2006
Location: rio de janeiro
Posts: 972
Default

today was my day to fall badly:
i always bring my dog (german shepperd size big) on a leash, tied to the camelback. as i was leaving home, riding on the sidewalk, she sees a terrier she hates and decides to run/ jump on the little annoying thing...
noet only i am bruised all over, the bike is scratched and worse... i worry the neighbours will have me severely restrain my dog..
__________________
https://retratosdeflaviocolker.wordpress.com/
wanted: ride time.
colker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2009, 6:25 PM   #12
ballred@aol.com
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 3rd, 2009
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 7
Default

You know, they say that the nose was only intended to be a shock absorber for the rest of your face...
ballred@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2009, 9:44 PM   #13
settemarche
Senior Member
 
settemarche's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 8th, 2006
Location: The O.C.
Posts: 370
Default

Flavio,

sorry to hear about your crash. ultimately lame to go down.

but, i do have to ask if you have some photos of the crash damaged face???

get well soon,

Sette
settemarche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 11:47 AM   #14
colker
Senior Member
 
colker's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 1st, 2006
Location: rio de janeiro
Posts: 972
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by settemarche View Post
Flavio,

sorry to hear about your crash. ultimately lame to go down.

but, i do have to ask if you have some photos of the crash damaged face???

get well soon,

Sette
face is fine. my wrist still hurts. ugh!!!

thanks sette
__________________
https://retratosdeflaviocolker.wordpress.com/
wanted: ride time.
colker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.