FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > Reader's Rides Gallery

Reader's Rides Gallery Show us your Fat. Keep your clothes on, though.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2009, 5:49 PM   #1
pkbinder
Member
 
Join Date: November 3rd, 2008
Location: Oak Park Il
Posts: 38
Default '96 Yo

Here are some photos of my Saratoga Yo Eddy. Purple powder coat and a comfy seat. Photos of my other 3 Fats and my '90 Bonty OR to come soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_7161001.jpg (137.0 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_7163001.jpg (144.7 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_7166a001.jpg (195.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_7169001.jpg (131.6 KB, 37 views)
pkbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2009, 10:08 AM   #2
Bucky
Member
 
Bucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 9th, 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbinder View Post
Here are some photos of my Saratoga Yo Eddy. Purple powder coat and a comfy seat. Photos of my other 3 Fats and my '90 Bonty OR to come soon.
the frame is really nice, but the parts... lx derailleur and xtr shifter, xt crank set, all of different years... and zoom stuff. i mean, its not mine, so its up to you. in my opinion time-correctness respectively a constant use of xt or xtr or so would suit the frame better - after all the yo was the high end frame of chris chance.

anyway, the color ist definitely great and to be the owner of even 4 fats is really awesome.
Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2009, 7:45 PM   #3
jcons
New Member
 
Join Date: January 23rd, 2009
Location: Ithaca, NY
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
the frame is really nice, but the parts... lx derailleur and xtr shifter, xt crank set, all of different years... and zoom stuff. i mean, its not mine, so its up to you. in my opinion time-correctness respectively a constant use of xt or xtr or so would suit the frame better - after all the yo was the high end frame of chris chance.

anyway, the color ist definitely great and to be the owner of even 4 fats is really awesome.
Personally, I think it's great if you have the cash, the time, or are lucky enough to own vintage and time appropriate parts for your vintage ride (let alone top-of-the-line vintage parts), but that seems to me like a fairly unimportant and secondary consideration. If that's the kind of thing you like to do with your bike, great. Time-correctness is nice, but what's cooler is how well preserved this beautiful frame is. Wish I had a Yo of this vintage in this repair...
jcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 5:58 AM   #4
Bucky
Member
 
Bucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 9th, 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcons View Post
Personally, I think it's great if you have the cash, the time, or are lucky enough to own vintage and time appropriate parts for your vintage ride (let alone top-of-the-line vintage parts), but that seems to me like a fairly unimportant and secondary consideration. If that's the kind of thing you like to do with your bike, great. Time-correctness is nice, but what's cooler is how well preserved this beautiful frame is. Wish I had a Yo of this vintage in this repair...
No question - the frame is awesome and I congratulate pkbinder to be the owner of it. Condition and color are amazing.

And I know how expensiv and exhausting it is to make it time-correct, because I try to make this with most of my bikes. But - and this is only my opinion, which of course can be different from other opinions - if I use modern parts for a bike I would use stuff of a complete group of one age-group, because, in my eyes, it's more beautiful... I don't like the mix of lx-xt-xtr. That looks like I take everything that is lying around.

That's no scathing criticism, just my 2 cents. Of course everyone can do with his bike whatever he wants. And of course I prefer to see a Yo Eddy like this on the streets than to see no Yo Eddy.
Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.