FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > General Fat Chance Discussion

General Fat Chance Discussion Anything and everything about the best mountain bikes ever made.

Old July 29th, 2008, 11:33 AM   #1
Butcher

Default "you have the coolest bike in the race"

Hey all, I just wanted to share my experience this weekend when I did the Laramie Enduro 111K MTB race on my full rigid, single speed Yo Eddy. I got positive comments from so many people before, during and after the race, but the most memorable was when a guy on an IF 29'er SS told me that I had the coolest bike in the race while we were about mid race. After the race he took a few pics of my ride for his blog.

I also had some think I was nuts for riding a single speed with 26 wheels? I have not raced a 29er...but 26 wheels have been taking care of me for many moons with no complaints.

There is nothing like riding a Fat Chance!
Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 8:50 PM   #2
d3f3nd3r

Great to hear! I have always found that it's a great way to separate bike nuts from the rest of the crowd when they know what I am riding. BTW I think you are crazy as well, hella long ride on a SS rigid.

-Always looking for Fat Chance schwag. Shoot me an email with what you have.-
d3f3nd3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 9:00 PM   #3
settemarche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
Hey all, I just wanted to share my experience this weekend when I did the Laramie Enduro 111K MTB race on my full rigid, single speed Yo Eddy. I got positive comments from so many people before, during and after the race, but the most memorable was when a guy on an IF 29'er SS told me that I had the coolest bike in the race while we were about mid race. After the race he took a few pics of my ride for his blog.

I also had some think I was nuts for riding a single speed with 26 wheels? I have not raced a 29er...but 26 wheels have been taking care of me for many moons with no complaints.

There is nothing like riding a Fat Chance!

Butch,

good to hear that the Rams are representing in Cowboy land. i went to CSU in the mid to late 90's. that is where i was first introduced to Fat bikes. a roommate had a Yo and just raved about it. talking about steel and what not. at the time i was riding a Nishiki Alien but times have changed and i have seen that steel is a more pleasurable experience.

thanks for your post. it brought back some memories.

Sette
settemarche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 9:56 AM   #4
fat-tony
Global Moderator

I did some climbing out at Horsetooth Res. It was great to climb all day and then go for a swim. Fort Collins is a great place.

Last edited by fat-tony; July 31st, 2008 at 4:42 PM.
fat-tony is offline   Reply With Quote