FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > General Fat Chance Discussion

General Fat Chance Discussion Anything and everything about the best mountain bikes ever made.

Old January 20th, 2008, 11:02 AM   #1
nevada72

Default What color should I repaint my Yo Eddy?

Yeah - I know it's subjective. However, I still wouldn't mind getting input. My 92 Yo Eddy! was Wild Cherry when I bought it new. After awhile I wanted something a little more zesty, so I sent it back to Fat City and had it redone Yellow. That looked really nice! I rode it a long while and the paint suffered. I tried a home spray job - Yechhhh! After languishing unridden in my basement I sent the frame to Rody for a little resto and paint. My original thoughts were silver with yellow stickers. Now I'm considering a yellow fade to silver with yellow stickers. I'm looking for "elegant" considering my advanced years (45), hence the silver, but I wouldn't mind staying period correct. That said -I'm not too concerned with adhering strictly to the stock color offerings of the time. Thoughts?
nevada72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2008, 11:16 AM   #2
jh4rt

Default Let Rody Pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevada72 View Post
Yeah - I know it's subjective. However, I still wouldn't mind getting input. My 92 Yo Eddy! was Wild Cherry when I bought it new. After awhile I wanted something a little more zesty, so I sent it back to Fat City and had it redone Yellow. That looked really nice! I rode it a long while and the paint suffered. I tried a home spray job - Yechhhh! After languishing unridden in my basement I sent the frame to Rody for a little resto and paint. My original thoughts were silver with yellow stickers. Now I'm considering a yellow fade to silver with yellow stickers. I'm looking for "elegant" considering my advanced years (45), hence the silver, but I wouldn't mind staying period correct. That said -I'm not too concerned with adhering strictly to the stock color offerings of the time. Thoughts?
I haven't seen a paintjob yet that he did which I didn't like. I'd love to see what he does with some free reign on a Yo!
jh4rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2008, 1:31 PM   #3
colker

red.
Old January 26th, 2008, 4:14 PM   #4
DaveH

Definitely not white!