FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > General Fat Chance Discussion

General Fat Chance Discussion Anything and everything about the best mountain bikes ever made.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 31st, 2007, 7:59 AM   #1
jonrock72
Junior Member
 
Join Date: December 28th, 2007
Location: uk
Posts: 1
Default Yo Eddy colours and pricing

Hi,
Can someone guide me in the right direction for the colour codes for these colours if there are any?
Also what sort value is put on one of these in Pristine or well used condition
Regards
jonrock72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 12:48 PM   #2
colker
Senior Member
 
colker's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 1st, 2006
Location: rio de janeiro
Posts: 1,005
Default

best way to find out is ebay it and see how much it gathers....
meaning there is no value. the less value financial but more emotional, fun, soulfull value the better.
__________________
https://retratosdeflaviocolker.wordpress.com/
wanted: ride time.
colker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2008, 10:45 AM   #3
nevada72
New Member
 
nevada72's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 14th, 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6
Default

$400?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Yo-Eddy-Team-Fat...QQcmdZViewItem
nevada72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2008, 11:01 AM   #4
colker
Senior Member
 
colker's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 1st, 2006
Location: rio de janeiro
Posts: 1,005
Default

this one has teh yo fork which can be worth almost as much as the frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevada72 View Post
__________________
https://retratosdeflaviocolker.wordpress.com/
wanted: ride time.
colker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 1:01 PM   #5
rikiriki
New Member
 
Join Date: January 17th, 2008
Location: BETANZOS
Posts: 8
Default

Im acuatule
rikiriki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2008, 7:57 PM   #6
IF52
Senior Member
 
IF52's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 1st, 2006
Location: Ohio USA
Posts: 414
Default

What is going on with the market right now? A friend of mine just bought that small 91 Yo! that was on eBay. Cook E cranks, M900 XTR driveline, White front hub Judy Ti fork and really, really clean for like 1200. It seems like a good price to me but he didn't even have to fight to get it, no other bids. Heck that was nearly the price new of just the frame back when we were selling them. And bushpig's 10th Anniversarywent lower than I expected too. Is the economy nose dive killing interest in all things bikes and specifically Fats right now? I don't think I've gotten into a bidding battle on anything in months.
__________________
M.O.M.

Keep your mudflaps down
IF52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 3:28 PM   #7
AB
Senior Member
 
AB's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 15th, 2005
Location: DE
Posts: 279
Default

Well, that's not what I've seen. I recently tried to bid on a 1992 catalog and was outbid in the last few seconds. Winning bid was $82.00! I was also outbid on a Ti Ibis frame. I didn't see that 1991 small Yo.
AB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 6:49 PM   #8
IF52
Senior Member
 
IF52's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 1st, 2006
Location: Ohio USA
Posts: 414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB View Post
Well, that's not what I've seen. I recently tried to bid on a 1992 catalog and was outbid in the last few seconds. Winning bid was $82.00! I was also outbid on a Ti Ibis frame. I didn't see that 1991 small Yo.

Yeah, I guess it is weird that way. That small Yo! was actually listed 2 weeks ago, and nobody bid on it, then it was listed again with a lower opening bid and my friend put in the only bid and got it for the opening price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fat-City-Cycles-...QQcmdZViewItem

But then you see goofy stuff like Jamis Dragons or oddball brake sets going into bidding battles. What's that all about.
__________________
M.O.M.

Keep your mudflaps down
IF52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 4:30 AM   #9
jbrannsten
Global Moderator
 
jbrannsten's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 13th, 2006
Location: Lommedalen, Norway
Posts: 158
Default

When the seller states that he will not ship outside the US I believe he rules out quite a few potential buyers. BTW: Can anyone tell me why so many people on the bay don't ship internationally? I really don't see the problem as long as the buyer pays for shipping.
jbrannsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 11:30 AM   #10
IF52
Senior Member
 
IF52's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 1st, 2006
Location: Ohio USA
Posts: 414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrannsten View Post
When the seller states that he will not ship outside the US I believe he rules out quite a few potential buyers. BTW: Can anyone tell me why so many people on the bay don't ship internationally? I really don't see the problem as long as the buyer pays for shipping.
I guess the expense and hassle. Plus you get people who want you to lie about the value of the item in the box so they don't have to pay as much for duties, etc. I was getting rid of a bunch of car parts for instance and a guy just up in Canada, not even over seas, said he would take some and could I ship UPS. So I did and declared a low but reasonable value so it could be insured. UPS tries to deliver with all the duties and taxes or whatever due and the guy refuses the package and then asks me if I can send it to him again this time via the postal service and with a really low value. To his credit he did pay for ALL of the shipping, but after that I generally refuse to send anything of much value internationally.

Another time before that I shipped a small box, maybe the size of a fork box, to Latvia and it was like $50.00 to ship it there. It would have been maybe 8 or 10 dollars to ship it anyplace in the US. That keeps some international bidders from bidding.

Also, depending on how you send packages or more specifically if you send them as cheaply as possible, you can't track them once they leave the US. Last thing I want is for some A hole to claim he never got the package and start asking for his money back.
__________________
M.O.M.

Keep your mudflaps down
IF52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 1:13 PM   #11
colker
Senior Member
 
colker's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 1st, 2006
Location: rio de janeiro
Posts: 1,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IF52 View Post
I guess the expense and hassle. Plus you get people who want you to lie about the value of the item in the box so they don't have to pay as much for duties, etc. I was getting rid of a bunch of car parts for instance and a guy just up in Canada, not even over seas, said he would take some and could I ship UPS. So I did and declared a low but reasonable value so it could be insured. UPS tries to deliver with all the duties and taxes or whatever due and the guy refuses the package and then asks me if I can send it to him again this time via the postal service and with a really low value. To his credit he did pay for ALL of the shipping, but after that I generally refuse to send anything of much value internationally.

Another time before that I shipped a small box, maybe the size of a fork box, to Latvia and it was like $50.00 to ship it there. It would have been maybe 8 or 10 dollars to ship it anyplace in the US. That keeps some international bidders from bidding.

Also, depending on how you send packages or more specifically if you send them as cheaply as possible, you can't track them once they leave the US. Last thing I want is for some A hole to claim he never got the package and start asking for his money back.
i am on the international side of it. i have sent stuff to NZ and i buy a lot from the US. sometimes it takes long. sometimes i pay a lot of duty. i don't mind. idon't act pissed off and i don't get pissed off. too bad if some people scr#w this up cause the only way for me to have access to vintage MTB parts involves international shipping. i have been happy w/it ... i try to remember it's a hobby, not a job so there is no need to be annoyed.
__________________
https://retratosdeflaviocolker.wordpress.com/
wanted: ride time.
colker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 1:16 PM   #12
eyemfat
Junior Member
 
Join Date: February 18th, 2008
Location: Alaska
Posts: 4
Default

Those of you that have shipped internationally, what is the best way? I am going to put my Yo Eddie on the selling block. I don't care what country the person lives in as long it goes to a good home.

Steve
eyemfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 2:31 PM   #13
IF52
Senior Member
 
IF52's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 1st, 2006
Location: Ohio USA
Posts: 414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyemfat View Post
Those of you that have shipped internationally, what is the best way? I am going to put my Yo Eddie on the selling block. I don't care what country the person lives in as long it goes to a good home.

Steve
I've ordered more from Europe than sent to Europe or anywhere else, but in my experience the postal service works well. Good rates and they don't monkey around with brokerage fees and what not. I've ordered a lot of parts for my old car and bikes from the UK and it is pretty reasonable and rather quick when they are shipped Royal mail. UPS sticks their hands in with brokerage fees and stuff and it can get really pricey but I thought their tracking was better.

When I worked at the shop we would send bicycle to Europe or Australia on airlines as freight, but that was 10 or 15 years ago and I am not sure how that works now and how much it would cost today.

DHL or Fedex might be an option. I think DHL is the largest shipper in the RoW and their pricing may be better than UPS.
__________________
M.O.M.

Keep your mudflaps down
IF52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.