FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > Reader's Rides Gallery

Reader's Rides Gallery Show us your Fat. Keep your clothes on, though.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 11th, 2007, 7:48 PM   #1
settemarche
Senior Member
 
settemarche's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 8th, 2006
Location: The O.C.
Posts: 370
Default 1993 Fat Chance BuckShaver - Redux

originally a mishmash of DX and XT. it was all in almost NOS condition so i pulled it all off for an upcoming top secret Fat project. rebuilt with the following.

  • BuckShaver - Medium
  • Yo Eddy fork
  • LX 3x8 shifter/brake combo (NOS)
  • LX Parralax/Mavic 220 WheelSmith Wheelset (32 hole - 14/15 DB Spokes)
  • LX F/R Derailleurs (NOS)
  • LX Crank w/Real Ti rings (NOS)
  • FSA Ultimax Ti bottom bracket
  • LX Cantis
  • XTR 12-32 cassette
  • WTB TyranoRaptor tires 2.1
  • Concept handlebar
  • Fat Bottom Ti bar ends
  • Kalloy/Uno stem (to short - i am working on it)
  • Ritchey foam grips
  • Syncros post
  • Flite Ti seat









settemarche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 9:12 PM   #2
colker
Senior Member
 
colker's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 1st, 2006
Location: rio de janeiro
Posts: 1,039
Default

sweet bike... geometry looks tight and furious.
__________________
wanted: ride time.
colker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 10:07 PM   #3
settemarche
Senior Member
 
settemarche's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 8th, 2006
Location: The O.C.
Posts: 370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colker View Post
sweet bike... geometry looks tight and furious.
it is. it feels super cramped. i really think it is that short stem. lately i have been re-riding the same section on my little trail. need to get a touch more comfy.

Sette
settemarche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 10:25 PM   #4
bushpig
Senior Member
 
Join Date: January 30th, 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 101
Default

Why not push the seat back on the rails bro - it seems to be as far forward as it will go even though the post has no setback.
__________________
http://tastydirty.com
bushpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 11:36 PM   #5
settemarche
Senior Member
 
settemarche's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 8th, 2006
Location: The O.C.
Posts: 370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushpig View Post
Why not push the seat back on the rails bro - it seems to be as far forward as it will go even though the post has no setback.

yeah. going to test that out manana.

thanks again for the tires,

Sette
settemarche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2007, 6:38 AM   #6
colker
Senior Member
 
colker's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 1st, 2006
Location: rio de janeiro
Posts: 1,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by settemarche View Post
it is. it feels super cramped. i really think it is that short stem. lately i have been re-riding the same section on my little trail. need to get a touch more comfy.

Sette
a 130mm stem was the norm on all the bikes back then.
__________________
wanted: ride time.
colker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2007, 12:37 PM   #7
settemarche
Senior Member
 
settemarche's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 8th, 2006
Location: The O.C.
Posts: 370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colker View Post
a 130mm stem was the norm on all the bikes back then.

moved that seat back. much better. the new tires are pretty cool. seem grippier than the Smoke/Dart i had on there. i think the tire pressure was dead on. rode like a dream.

Sette
settemarche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2007, 2:01 PM   #8
Yo Eddy!
Senior Member
 
Yo Eddy!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: July 16th, 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 638
Default

Hi,

Looks sweet Sette ...and with the new stem you're -still?- planning it will possibly even better. A Kalloy/Yo forks match is a bit nah imho ...but for the remaining it looks really very neat.
__________________
Melvin
Yo rider, Wicked attitude
Yo Eddy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2007, 9:36 PM   #9
settemarche
Senior Member
 
settemarche's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 8th, 2006
Location: The O.C.
Posts: 370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Eddy! View Post
Hi,

Looks sweet Sette ...and with the new stem you're -still?- planning it will possibly even better. A Kalloy/Yo forks match is a bit nah imho ...but for the remaining it looks really very neat.

i'll tell you Melvin. these quills are getting tougher to find. i do not want to just slap something on there. the Uno/Kalloy was on there when i got it. so i just figure it is rideable and when i find the right stem - then we can do the swap. the plan is for something black - keep it all black and green. tidy!

Sette
settemarche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 5:39 PM   #10
colker
Senior Member
 
colker's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 1st, 2006
Location: rio de janeiro
Posts: 1,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by settemarche View Post
i'll tell you Melvin. these quills are getting tougher to find. i do not want to just slap something on there. the Uno/Kalloy was on there when i got it. so i just figure it is rideable and when i find the right stem - then we can do the swap. the plan is for something black - keep it all black and green. tidy!

Sette
tioga t bone. 135mm/ 15
__________________
wanted: ride time.
colker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2007, 11:11 AM   #11
settemarche
Senior Member
 
settemarche's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 8th, 2006
Location: The O.C.
Posts: 370
Default

[quote=colker;7930]tioga t bone. 135mm/ 15
settemarche is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.