FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > Builder's Corner

Builder's Corner Restoration and preservation. Keep them running in perfect shape. What size is your bottom bracket?

Old September 28th, 2004, 2:50 PM   #1
ST

Default Restoring a GT and Rockshox

Not quite the usual calibre of bike for this forum but hey, here goes.

I have a '92 GT Bravado Cromo frame which is in a right state. Repainted (by brush) in grey. I will be getting it resprayed but need to track down the decals. When the frame was badly repainted it had some original decals put on, some of these are intact so combined with a brochure image I have I could give a graphics expert some basics but I'd like a pukka set ideally. Any ideas? BTW I don't have any local signwriters etc who could help, tried that before.

The bike came with some Mag 21's which again are in a shocking state. Nw I know I can get the rebuilt by TF Tuned (UK) but has anyone ever had these forks cosmetically restored? The gold finish is in a state as are the stickers.

I'm looking for UK based solutions ideally. I know this project is worth nothing but I'd really like to restore the bike I used to dream about in the window of my LBS aged 13.
ST is offline   Reply With Quote