FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > Builder's Corner

Builder's Corner Restoration and preservation. Keep them running in perfect shape. What size is your bottom bracket?

Old September 4th, 2007, 10:58 PM   #1
scooterj101

Default 1989 18" Wicked

I am new here and own a 1989 18" wicked. I paid $250.00 for it 7 years ago and painted it. It came with a manitou shock. I want to get a rigid fork and repaint the whold thing. I have searched this forum for a size and best way to go for a 18" wicked and have found nothing. What meaurements do i need when shopping around? Where should i look?

scooterj101
scooterj101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2007, 12:55 AM   #2
masiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterj101 View Post
I am new here and own a 1989 18" wicked. I paid $250.00 for it 7 years ago and painted it. It came with a manitou shock. I want to get a rigid fork and repaint the whold thing. I have searched this forum for a size and best way to go for a 18" wicked and have found nothing. What meaurements do i need when shopping around? Where should i look?

scooterj101
Check out this thread http://www.fatcogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1161. I remember reading somewhere on here I think that these forks performed better than the BOI and Yo' Eddy's, plus they were cheaper than what the vintage ones are going for on ebay ($300 plus).
masiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2007, 7:45 PM   #3
Todd Kornfield

Default fork sizing

Igleheart at iglebike@aol.com makes a great segmented fork. He is an ex fat city employee. If you tell him what size your frame size and model etc.. he will build it the right size and offset. they aren't cheap thoguh.
Todd Kornfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2007, 9:42 PM   #4
colker

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterj101 View Post

scooterj101
i have an extra wicked fork.