FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > General Fat Chance Discussion

General Fat Chance Discussion Anything and everything about the best mountain bikes ever made.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2007, 2:32 PM   #1
DRZRM
Member
 
DRZRM's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 9th, 2007
Location: Jamaica Plain
Posts: 27
Default Wicked Lite, 93, 18.5

Too excited to wait for the build, I thought you guys might want to look at this factory original paint job. What's the best way to deal with chips? I'm clearly not going to repaint it, I like this paint too much.
DRZRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2007, 6:10 PM   #2
Upchuck
Senior Member
 
Upchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 31st, 2006
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 210
Default

Wow! That is a beautiful paint job! I wouldn't know where to begin with the build. Have fun with that one!
__________________
89 m Fat Chance NOS frame/fork
89 m Wicked period correct
90 M/L Monster
93 m Ti Fat Chance period correct
99 m Yo! SS conversion
Upchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 6:24 AM   #3
Yo Eddy!
Senior Member
 
Yo Eddy!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: July 16th, 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 638
Default

Paint chips: I use a small 00 pencil and paint from the model build shop. They have a large selection of colours and their paint doesn't dry as quick as car touch up paint.

Nice frame
__________________
Melvin
Yo rider, Wicked attitude
Yo Eddy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2007, 5:45 PM   #4
colker
Senior Member
 
colker's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 1st, 2006
Location: rio de janeiro
Posts: 1,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZRM View Post
Too excited to wait for the build, I thought you guys might want to look at this factory original paint job. What's the best way to deal with chips? I'm clearly not going to repaint it, I like this paint too much.
love your paint! do you have the wicked fork? black?
__________________
https://retratosdeflaviocolker.wordpress.com/
wanted: ride time.
colker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2007, 4:45 PM   #5
mediascapegoat
Member
 
mediascapegoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 25th, 2007
Location: hyattsville
Posts: 50
Default Rasta guy should get the HEADTUB

yo you should get a load of this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Fat-chance-headt...QQcmdZViewItem


or maybe:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cigarette-Pipe-D...QQcmdZViewItem

mediascapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2007, 7:00 PM   #6
DRZRM
Member
 
DRZRM's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 9th, 2007
Location: Jamaica Plain
Posts: 27
Default

Hey Colker,

No, I have a Yo BOI fork on it now. I had a Manitu 2 on it, the original box crown off of the 88 frame that I broke floated around my parents' house for years, but I could not find it when I went to build up the frame.

BTW I lived in Rio for a couple of years, are you related to Deborah Colker (I saw the pics on your site)? I saw her company in Rio once around 96 and a few years ago in London, they are incredible.

Tell her she has a big fan in Boston,

Abracos,

Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by colker View Post
love your paint! do you have the wicked fork? black?
DRZRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2007, 9:27 PM   #7
colker
Senior Member
 
colker's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 1st, 2006
Location: rio de janeiro
Posts: 1,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZRM View Post
Hey Colker,

No, I have a Yo BOI fork on it now. I had a Manitu 2 on it, the original box crown off of the 88 frame that I broke floated around my parents' house for years, but I could not find it when I went to build up the frame.

BTW I lived in Rio for a couple of years, are you related to Deborah Colker (I saw the pics on your site)? I saw her company in Rio once around 96 and a few years ago in London, they are incredible.

Tell her she has a big fan in Boston,

Abracos,

Zach
she is my sister. th BOI has a shorter rake= shorter front center. i have a spare wicked fork if you need.
__________________
https://retratosdeflaviocolker.wordpress.com/
wanted: ride time.
colker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2007, 10:00 PM   #8
settemarche
Senior Member
 
settemarche's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 8th, 2006
Location: The O.C.
Posts: 370
Default

Totally Ireeeeeeeee.

get the headtube hitter on ebay. twood be a perfect match me brethren.

Sette
settemarche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2007, 10:14 PM   #9
colker
Senior Member
 
colker's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 1st, 2006
Location: rio de janeiro
Posts: 1,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZRM View Post
Hey Colker,

No, I have a Yo BOI fork on it now. I had a Manitu 2 on it, the original box crown off of the 88 frame that I broke floated around my parents' house for years, but I could not find it when I went to build up the frame.

BTW I lived in Rio for a couple of years, are you related to Deborah Colker (I saw the pics on your site)? I saw her company in Rio once around 96 and a few years ago in London, they are incredible.

Tell her she has a big fan in Boston,

Abracos,

Zach
which shows did you see? i co directed some of them.
__________________
https://retratosdeflaviocolker.wordpress.com/
wanted: ride time.
colker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2007, 11:51 PM   #10
DRZRM
Member
 
DRZRM's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 9th, 2007
Location: Jamaica Plain
Posts: 27
Default

The one in Rio involved a climbing wall most memorably, London there were a series of "corners" each with a couple dancing in it, sort of like cubicles, also a piece that involved a slow moving belt roller that went across the stage very slowly, with several dancers in/around it. There was also a set involving a lot of large vases, I think that was in Rio. I think the London show was 2003 maybe.

I know the Yo is a bit steeper in the rake, let me see how it rides, I think I'll be OK with how it feels, but I'll keep the Wicked in mind, maybe I can pick it up in person sometime, I'm planning a trip to Rio in January I think.

Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by colker View Post
which shows did you see? i co directed some of them.
DRZRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2007, 1:41 PM   #11
colker
Senior Member
 
colker's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 1st, 2006
Location: rio de janeiro
Posts: 1,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZRM View Post
The one in Rio involved a climbing wall most memorably, London there were a series of "corners" each with a couple dancing in it, sort of like cubicles, also a piece that involved a slow moving belt roller that went across the stage very slowly, with several dancers in/around it. There was also a set involving a lot of large vases, I think that was in Rio. I think the London show was 2003 maybe.

I know the Yo is a bit steeper in the rake, let me see how it rides, I think I'll be OK with how it feels, but I'll keep the Wicked in mind, maybe I can pick it up in person sometime, I'm planning a trip to Rio in January I think.

Zach
i was involved w/ what you saw in London.
__________________
https://retratosdeflaviocolker.wordpress.com/
wanted: ride time.
colker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 2:32 PM   #12
DRZRM
Member
 
DRZRM's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 9th, 2007
Location: Jamaica Plain
Posts: 27
Default

Sorry not to reply for so long, I was travelling. That was an incredible show. Nice work! Great photos as well! Where do you ride around Rio?

Zach
DRZRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 2:49 PM   #13
colker
Senior Member
 
colker's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 1st, 2006
Location: rio de janeiro
Posts: 1,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZRM View Post
Sorry not to reply for so long, I was travelling. That was an incredible show. Nice work! Great photos as well! Where do you ride around Rio?

Zach
i live in Jardim Botanico, a neighbourhood in the slopes of Corcovado w/it's dense tropical forest. i usually take the dog for unleashed runs in some old, barely used walking trails. not epic rides. i commute a lot in the south zone but then i ride the road bike.
__________________
https://retratosdeflaviocolker.wordpress.com/
wanted: ride time.
colker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 2:53 PM   #14
colker
Senior Member
 
colker's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 1st, 2006
Location: rio de janeiro
Posts: 1,008
Default

btw... i also have a 93 wicked lite i just finished building. same size as yours. if you stop by you can ride it on the trails here.
__________________
https://retratosdeflaviocolker.wordpress.com/
wanted: ride time.
colker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.