FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > Retro MTB

Retro MTB Any old shool bikes outside the Fat world like Ritchey, Breezer, Salsa, VooDoo, Yeti, Bontrager, etc.

Old November 3rd, 2006, 3:59 PM   #1
Jack Lantern

Default Twisted Breezer

Here's a few pix of my kookie FS bike, a 1997 Breezer Twister. I have never owned or riden another FS bike so I have nothing to compare this to but it goes ka-boing so I guess that's all that matters. After I finished putting it together I took it to Moab last May for it's maiden voyage and I'd have to say it's definitely more comfortable on that terrain than my hardtails. I didn't have high expectations but I was pleasantly surprised. It turned alot of heads there as well for either being fairly rare or because everyone else knew what a POS it rode like. I've kinda been given the "retro-guy" title by my friends fo I figured if I was going to go FS it may as well be something different and I'm certain I got this frame cheaper than my first choice, a Shock-a-Billy. Again because I have nothing else to compare it to I thought it was pretty smooth but I think I'll stick to my hardtails & fully rigid bikes for NW riding.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Breezer-4.jpg (53.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Breezer-6.jpg (54.2 KB, 5 views)
Old November 4th, 2006, 5:00 AM   #2
Yo Eddy!

Hi Jack,

With the aluminium and suspension it not very well represents what Breezer once stood for, but it sure is a fun, quirky bike.

What you say on that the ride was actualy better than expected, was also what I recently experienced with my newly acquired Verlicchi DH/Iron Horse FS Works. With me it was that the suspension did absorb some energy, but after a while I understood how to ride it and adjusted my riding to it. I am now able to round my home XC track pretty fast ...and definately way faster than would be possible with nowadays DH rigs