Help identify this Ti-frame!

Doug Carter

Staff member
Is it an IF? There are some strinkingly similar traits to Fats on that frame. Nice deal, either way.

d

jez

Cheers Doug.

mmm. Where has the link gone - as for that what happened to my previous post?

jez

Unidentified Titanium frame

For some reason my post has disappeared!

For the others:

Im trying to trace what frame this Ti is: I bought it cheap and it isnt a DNA/Dynatech etc.

Even though it has merlin stickers its definitly not a Merlin as I contacted Merlin themselves and they say it isnt.

Prize goes to someone who can shed light on it! Link as follows: I have taken quite a few pics to show its details. Its very well made but this could be a modern tiawanese frame for all I know. No disk mounts though so it must be pre 2000ish.

http://www.jezworld.com/frame

Check it out!

Doug Carter

Staff member
Wow, that was odd. I moved the thread into the general retro forums and the post disappeared. That's crazy.

Sorry about that.

:? :x

tangent

mystery ti frame fabricated by Sandvik?

To my eyes your frame seems to share a lot of design features with Sandvik produced frames (say from around the late 1990s?).

For example, the way the headtube has been machined is strikingly similar to my Bonty ti-lite, as are the drop-outs , cable routing, and tube profiles -no gusstets though! Whilst the rear triangle looks very much like my old (non-disc) Cove Hummer. Both of these frames were made by Sandvik (who make loads of frame for loads of people), so exact 'brand' still remains a mystery though...

jez

Thanks for the helpful comments guys.

Now the next question: Do I keep it?

I'm not a big fan of no-name stuff I cant identify and I'll obvioulsy remove the merlin stickers. I just wish I knew what it was and whether it holds value.

lucifer

I'm about 90% sure its an airborne that someone de stickered. But I could only see the thumbnails on your site.
Airbornes are great bikes. American tubing welded in china to save money.