• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

OEM Fat Chance Bottom Bracket Spindles

rody

Ok guys, I think we have enough interest to warrant putting an order together based on the interest shown in the original thread....

http://www.fatcogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2243&highlight=spindle

So, what I need from y'all is the following info posted below;

Your Name
Total quantity of spindles
Spindle lengths required (roughly 110 -130+ in 3mm increments available, may be off by +/- 1mm)

As a reminder, this is going to be a one time opportunity as I will not be organizing this again.

Price on each spindle is 45 bucks plus shipping, payable through paypal to rody@groovycycleworks.com once the final list is confirmed.

We'll collect orders until January 16, updating this thread as new orders are posted. At that time, I will reconfirm the master list and request payment for the items, due by January 23. The OEM supplier should be allowed a few weeks to put together the order and get them to me, then off to y'all.

cheers,

rody

MASTER ORDER LIST

Rody Walter - 3 (113, 122, 127)
Dan Curnayn - 1 (113mm)
Nathaniel Smith -1 (113mm)
Daniel Himes - 1 (125)
Alex ("Seth") Young - 1 (120)

Last edited:

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Nathaniel Smith ----for now, a 113 please

(but I might add another later!)
(just to be sure, these are JIS not ISO, right?)

rody

Nate,

as per the original thread...

These are 4130 JIS taper spindles, heat treated, for press in style Fat bottom brackets.

rody

DMtbrider

Daniel Himes, 1 (125)

If one wanted an optional axle for converting to a singlespeed (w/ min Q factor) what would someone suggest? 15mm less (based on the spacing of a triple, from inner to outer chainring). So...125-15=110

DC

Rody,
Is the list complete and are you ready for payment? If so, due you have totals with shipping for us so we can get you the $$ via paypal?
Hope your feeling better.

DC

AB

I have a bunch of NOS spindles as well so if anyone misses out on this order let me know.

wickedwillie

I have a bunch of NOS spindles as well so if anyone misses out on this order let me know.

Just pulled my BB-I'll be needing a spindle as well, mine is 16mm (seems odd, most of what I have seen are 17mm diameter?) X 122mm. If you still have any NOS spindles I'd be interested.

AB

Just pulled my BB-I'll be needing a spindle as well, mine is 16mm (seems odd, most of what I have seen are 17mm diameter?) X 122mm. If you still have any NOS spindles I'd be interested.

I'll check on what I have and post. By the way where is Vermaine?

wickedwillie

Vermaine is Vermont and Maine mashed together. I'm always in one place or the other.....

Thanks for the help, I'll keep an eye on the thread.

rody

Sorry for the absence guys, but Nahbs, heart surgery, and moving put a damper on special projects for a while.

If anyone is still interested, I'm putting the order in next week for spindles.

Paypal 50 bucks with the spindle length (approximate based on availability) to rody@groovycycleworks.com and I'll get them on the way.

Please be sure your shipping addy for paypal is correct.

cheers,

rody

AB

Steel Spindles

Sorry for the delay as well and not to take anything away from Rody. My available stock:

118mm - 3
121mm - 3
125.5mm - 1
127mm - 3

$50.00 USD + shipping (USPS priority lower 48 $6.50 - higher elsewhere)

These sizes are not approximates.

Last edited:

bike1214

Fat Spindles

Just wondering if I can still put in an order? I have a 1992 Monster, anyone know what size spindle was spec on this frame? I'm gonna use a Suntour XC Pro non compact crank(110 bolt pattern)any help would be appreciated....

jbrannsten

Staff member
Just wondering if I can still put in an order? I have a 1992 Monster, anyone know what size spindle was spec on this frame? I'm gonna use a Suntour XC Pro non compact crank(110 bolt pattern)any help would be appreciated....

A 1992 Monster with a pressed BB? Are your sure it's not a threaded BB? My 1991 monster is threaded and almost all other Fats made in 1992 or after has a threaded bb (to my knowledge at least).

Jon

bike1214

Fat Spindles

A 1992 Monster with a pressed BB? Are your sure it's not a threaded BB? My 1991 monster is threaded and almost all other Fats made in 1992 or after has a threaded bb (to my knowledge at least).

Jon

Yeah,its pressed in.I just had it apart a few weeks ago to service the bearings and to frame save the seat tube again. I'm running a cook crank on the bike now but want the option of putting the suntour crank on it. Just not sure what length spindle it came stock with. Any help would be greatly appreciated,thanks!!!