Garage Sale find of the year- Ritchey P-22

d3f3nd3r

My roadie friend was riding by local garage sale and spotted a 1994 Ritchey P-22 original xt components and stock rigid fork and a Manitou suspension fork (I guess seller dug through garage for original rigid fork). Anyway $20.00 later knowing my soft spot for American steel, He bought it for me. City bike heaven! Pics to come shortly...

lucifer

Let me be the first to say congrats... that has to be the best spent $20 I've heard of in a long time.. :p

d3f3nd3r

*Update* Picture

Here is a pic of the new ride. I cleaned it up, degreased the heck out of it and pulled off the terrible Manitou fork for the original. I had to spend a good hour cleaning off a tube of Loc-Tite from the headset. Also a few issues with a few rotted spokes that popped off and a bum right shifter. Minor pittance.

2728862433_494d3847ff.jpg

fat-tony

Staff member
Here is a pic of the new ride. I cleaned it up, degreased the heck out of it and pulled off the terrible Manitou fork for the original. I had to spend a good hour cleaning off a tube of Loc-Tite from the headset. Also a few issues with a few rotted spokes that popped off and a bum right shifter. Minor pittance.

2728862433_494d3847ff.jpg

I would "86" the bar ends. Great looking bike and great score. They would drool over that over at MTBR.com

settemarche

$20. is insane. that Ringle water bottle holder is worth more than that on eBay. major, major score. good to hear things like that are still happening. guess it is time to start hitting the garage sales!

d3f3nd3r

You are not kidding! My wife is not thrilled at the prospect of us swerving into every yard sale I see, but I suppose the garage sale mojo is pretty worn out for a long long time.

settemarche

You are not kidding! My wife is not thrilled at the prospect of us swerving into every yard sale I see, but I suppose the garage sale mojo is pretty worn out for a long long time.

well i think that your wife and mine need to get wise to the potential profit center of the garage sale! the profit off a P22 is far better than junk bonds or oil future speculation!

d3f3nd3r

Ha! True. Now I just need to learn how to part with one of my finds... I seem to have the first part down pat.