what's your opinion on bontragers?

settemarche

hmmm! which size? built up bike? i am about to pull the trigger on a frame only. i am on the fence since it's frame only and i have to build it from scratch including repaint... finding a 1in susp. fork 63mm w/ teh right bonty crown? yeah. good luck.
been riding the wicked... what a nice bike. magic. the way it distributes weight, the way it fits even being one size smaller. it's a subtle bike: it pretends to be a sport, cityish bike but once you throw it in a tight spot it turns to a wild cat finding traction all over the ground and saving my ass in those scary steeps.

complete Santa Cruz Race Lite 17" in green with the correct Judy crown. XT/XTR with toplines and white indust wheelset. i was kinda bummed at first. but then - i could always sell it without much loss if i dont like it.

Sette

colker

complete Santa Cruz Race Lite 17" in green with the correct Judy crown. XT/XTR with toplines and white indust wheelset. i was kinda bummed at first. but then - i could always sell it without much loss if i dont like it.

Sette

it was you?! cool!!!!!

colker

Sette

i could buy it from you.

settemarche

Yah, but he was talking about some system of Nitrous Oxide injection, I'M SURE !!!!! SM wouldn't hold out on us like that!

Gents....

i don't want to threadjack - but maybe if you are nice to me i will show you the goods.

NOS is something i could use to keep up with Upchuck on our ride. the Wicked is NOS - as in new old stock. or just new and never built. so sweet.

Sette

settemarche

i could buy it from you.

Flavio,

the bike arrived yesterday. i just took a cursory look at it last night. it appears to be in really good condition. the wheelset looks basically unused. the machined sidewalls of the Mavic 217's appear to be untouched. the rear has some rubber - but the front looks like it was just built up.

the bike is either a 95 or 96. which would mean that the company was under the control of Trek. the catalog that came with the bike has Trek's address in Wisconsin. for me i am not sure this is much of an issue. this bike is a Race Lite - and all Race and Race Lite frames were still produced in Santa Cruz. the Privateer was built in WI.

thoughts,

Sette

colker

Flavio,

the bike arrived yesterday. i just took a cursory look at it last night. it appears to be in really good condition. the wheelset looks basically unused. the machined sidewalls of the Mavic 217's appear to be untouched. the rear has some rubber - but the front looks like it was just built up.

the bike is either a 95 or 96. which would mean that the company was under the control of Trek. the catalog that came with the bike has Trek's address in Wisconsin. for me i am not sure this is much of an issue. this bike is a Race Lite - and all Race and Race Lite frames were still produced in Santa Cruz. the Privateer was built in WI.

thoughts,

Sette

i am still interested in that bonty.

i remeber the seller stating it had no oil in the chain so if you ride it lube the MF!:cool::cool::D:D

settemarche

i am still interested in that bonty.

i remeber the seller stating it had no oil in the chain so if you ride it lube the MF!:cool::cool::D:D

Flav,

i was in the garage today building it up. pretty sweet condition. however, after having a closer look i would have to say the paint is a bit of a disappointment. not nearly as nice as a Fat. it is not even close. however, you can feel and see that the Bonty has thick paint so is a tad more durable i would say.

just rode around the street. but, i might be crazy feeling a 17 is to small for me. i looked at it next to my Yo and it has a much more sloped top tube. the cockpit seems way tight? this weekend i will get it tuned and take it out for a spin. we will see how it works out.

are you looking at buying the complete bike or did you just want the frame and fork?

Sette

colker

definitely smaller. the bonty you've got has not only a smaller top tube by .5in but a steeper seat tube of 74