Indy Fabulous

Zamfir

I know, they are blindingly bright.

As i've mentioned before this bike is a work in progress. Once I find a proper stem i'm going to have the fork and stem painted, all the other bits are staying.

RobTu

I've got a ss if with the track dropouts; one of my "go to" rides. Love it.

I really like the paint on your frame; should keep it; not something you see everyday. I need to post mine up...going to get some threads going, soon.

mattb

Damn. I'd love to have it again. I truly believe it was a first year IF, a 95 or 96. Suck it will never see the light of day again...well, at least till it hits ebay :mad:

I don't even think it will go on ebay. We'll see it in 20 years at this guy's estate sale maybe. It's one of those type situations.

Zamfir

mini update

Made some minor changes to the IF, wide Taperlight bars, snow white Schwalbe's, and Campy front qr.

I'm planning on swapping the crankset out for M900's and a Ti bottom bracket.

Rides wonderful.

Attachments

• D1.jpg
    D1.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 33
  • IF White.jpg
    IF White.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 32

Zamfir

Quick question for the more experienced minds.

If I were to put in a rigid fork with about an inch less axle to crown distance than the P2 how much difference would it make in the handling department?

Obviously it would steepen the ht angle, but would it quicken the handling so much it would ruin the ride?

I ask because I recently picked a wonderful Gatorblade that I would love to put on the IF, but worry it would ruin the handling.

Thanks!

mainlyfats

In my experience the real issue becomes off-camber riding/cornering with normal cranks/pedals. Lowering the BB is harder to get over than the resulting slightly quicker steering.

But you should buy the Gatorblade anyway if it's reasonable. That's one of the few investment-grade pieces of VRC IMO.

Zamfir

Excellent point MF.....and one I didn't really think of. Ground clearance is a big deal in my area, lots of babyheads to navigate.

Yeah I couldn't pass the fork up, it is just so damn cool and freshly painted by Toxic Harold.

mainlyfats

Excellent point MF.....and one I didn't really think of. Ground clearance is a big deal in my area, lots of babyheads to navigate.

Yeah I couldn't pass the fork up, it is just so damn cool and freshly painted by Toxic Harold.

Nice! He painted my track bike. A Brodie OG.

Zamfir

really nice fork ARS!

My t-butted Project 2 rides nice but I always have my eyes open for a IF fork as a replacement.