Yeti ARC AS

Jack Lantern

Picked this up mostly for parts a few weeks ago as it has a crack in the head tube, but after exchanging a few emails with Frank the Welder I'm going to be getting it to him for fixin'. Price isn't too bad really. I remember wanting one of these back in the mid-90's and since I got it for such a good deal the repairs are do-able for me. Bike & components have really low miles on them.

Attachments

• 100_4083.jpg
    100_4083.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 107

Syborg

and again some YETI scrap from the 90s. I'm glad for you that the ARC can be repaired.
My ARC was beyond saving. Now hangs in the garage as holder for the garden tools

tvcreative

cool beverage man... whatever helps you chill on the hill.

I have owned hundreds of bikes, and can say easily that aluminum frames are not my favorites...

From the SE racing BMX realm to sex welded Ventana's everyone had the same bone jarring quality in hard tail form.

I will say that my full suspension Ellsworth Evolve is mighty fine but I have yet to thrash the sh%t out of it...

Overall I think steel is real...and maybe why i love FATs and the like - the way i do...

but to each their own....

sorry for my snarky nonsense

Last edited:

mkozaczek

cool beverage man... whatever helps you chill on the hill.

I have owned hundreds of bikes, and can say easily that aluminum frames are not my favorites...

From the SE racing BMX realm to sex welded Ventana's everyone had the same bone jarring quality in hard tail form.

I will say that my full suspension Ellsworth Evolve is mighty fine but I have yet to thrash the sh%t out of it...

Overall I think steel is real...and maybe why i love FATs and the like - the way i do...

but to each their own....

sorry for my snarky nonsense

I hear ya. I think for me the ARC is the so special because it embodies so much of what MTB racing was for me in the early 90s. I like steel as much and more in some areas (got several steel bikes I really enjoy riding) but for whatever reason the ARC is the bike I always reach for.

Jeeves

You know, I bought a rigid ARC on Ebay (accidentally - I didn't think it'd go for so cheap). Like the mkozaczec above, I just had a little lingering Yeti fetish left over from the 80's. I built it up as 1x9 with a rigid carbon White Bros fork. With high volume Maxxis tires, it's a absolute dream to ride both on and off road.

I still have the old Yeti brocuhre from when i was trying to decide between the FRO and the Fat Chance back in 1987...I went with the Wicked. :)

Wickedj

Hey,

Like that one. Especially due to the small size, where the shock is mounted above the top stay.

I have allmost the same one here, it only has the ARC AS mount aswell (as a proto)

Cheers
Jeroen

Jack Lantern

One pic I snapped of the HT just before shipping it out to FTW, note the three cracks on the non-drive side. There were two additional ones on the drive side that weren't quite as big or noticeable but there just the same. Pity this was such a common problem with these old ARC's.

Just thought I'd get this "before" pic posted as my frame should be getting shipped back to me in the next week or two. I'll post a few "after" photos as well.

Attachments

• 100_4110.jpg
    100_4110.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 31