Grafton Joystix

Zamfir

Just posting some pictures of my Grafton cranks (93) with replacement arm (97?).

The titanium insert on the warrantied arm should be easy enough to see in the picture.

There is also a stamp above the insert that reads "TEI", though it could read "TPI" in reference to the spindle threads?

Cheers.

Attachments

• G1.jpg
    G1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 12
  • G2.jpg
    G2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 13
  • G3.jpg
    G3.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 17

IF52

Thanks for posting the pictures, this is the first example of this I have seen. I am assuming it's just the non drive arm, yes? Since that was the arm they always had trouble with.

Does anybody else have examples of this, or was this a last gasp before they shut their doors?

Zamfir

Yes it's the non-drive side and your comment about the teardrop shaped redesign has me wondering.

I suppose he could have sent me the newly redesigned arm for replacement but he sent the older version with the insert which makes me wonder if they had an overstock of the original arms which were retrofitted with the insert just for warranty replacements.

In any case back in the day John did say he hasn't had one of these fail which is reassuring.

I would also like to hear from others about this. Anyone else have one of these?

vintagerider

Crank o Matics are a nice touch.

The Graftons have been commandig hefty prices recently on Ebay. I have been sitting on a nice blue anodized set for my Yo Build. Someday....

vintagerider

Crank o Matics are a nice touch.

The Graftons have been commandig hefty prices recently on Ebay. I have been sitting on a nice blue anodized set for my Yo Build. One of these days I will complete it...

Zamfir

Blue Graftons would look so nice on a aquafade......anything.

Yep Syncros crankomatics are tops in my book. Wish I would have picked up more back in the day just to have them on-hand.

Anybody else have a Ti-ring Grafton crank?