Realistic bikes=unrealistic prices....

BostonBobby

I cannot be the only one who feels this way.....
I havent been on here in long time but is anyone else thinking about the Yo Eddy that sat on E-bay for about 3 years?
The one that was 6 grand!? lol
The one every 2-bit bike hustler both sides the mississippi used to gauge their scrap find, great gran pappy hand me down, friend give away,etc Fat Chance resale price.
People went INSANE!
there wasnt a RUSTED SNAPPED IN HALF Fat Chance frame for sale ANYWHERE for less than a grand! LOL
Hey no offense to you "BIKE MIKE"-1987 Fat Chance Serial # 87254 For Sale
anyone can ask what ever they want for their property-
dont mean theyll get it though.
I can appeciate you coming on here and offering us this STEAL first at $1,500...
BUT WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL OUR LIVES PAL OLE CHUM!?
You got this from original owner over 10 years ago and your just joining the rest of us Fat Cog Nuts now!? Joining July 2014.
I MAKE MONEY- Im sure we all do!
If I aquire some kind of desirable BMX or ANYTHING I know I could sell,
but Couldnt use, believe me I would sell it!
Only differance I would keep it REAL!
Thats MY only problem-
this is suposed to be a "community".. where strangers are only best friends that havent met yet! :)lol
"Where everybodddyyy Knows your nameeee!"
(TV show Cheers song) lol
Where people DO offer LEGIT DEALS to other fat cogs who will appreciate them rather then flip em!
Even I have "Flipped" plenty of stuff! ABSOLUTLEY I have!
Yet there are honest ways of doing it.. Iam sure If the creators of this site agreed with the dishonest ideologies of the "bike flipper" we all mine as well be on craigslist bike forums-
Then move along to Single Mingles where were all just Big fat old hairy slobs with profile pics up of David Hasseholf claiming its us.
I mean whats the sense!?
Does anyone else find it insulting when someones not making any sense to ya!?
I prob dont make any sense to anyone anyways-
And I know im gonna get alot of flack and nobody is gonna agree with me.
But at least I KNOW FOR A FACT Iam a MAN of MY WORD and Ill NEVER piss on your leg and say some guy just did a bunny hop in the puddle!
The reason I stayed away from here was I was SICK of seeing all the speculators and WEASELS!
Who just wana figure out what they have so they can throw it on EBAY!
THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH MAKING MONEY PEOPLE JUST LEAVE ALL THE NONESENSE TO THE FOOLS!
Lifes too short for games and weeding through garbage for the TRUTH.
I wanted to keep rambling to this point because its the problem with the World-
NOBODY CARES!
The Corporations already CONTROL just about everything we do-
Cant there be anywhere were MONEY cannot be the Goal?
Because I chase Money all day long people, and OBVIOUSLY it does NOT make me HAPPY!
SO TO WRAP THIS ALL UP-
"BIKE MIKE" Maybe you didnt find the bike in a dumpster, If you DID next time just say so!
Ill be the first one to offer you positive advice.
DONT COME ON HERE ACTING LIKE YOUR DOING US A FAVOR TRYING TO SELL IT FOR $1,500!
YOU DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU HAD AND THE WAY YOU LIST THE PARTS MAKES IT LOOK EVEN SILLIER.
THE REST OF YOU CAN "UNCLE TOM" AND "HUCKLEBERRY FIN" WITH PEOPLE IM CALLING PEOPLE OUT!
(I FORGOT HOW DIFFICULT IT WAS TO COPY PASTE PHOTOS BUT YOU KNOW BIKE IM REFFERING TO)

spindrome

I don't follow vintage mtb prices that closely as I am not really in the market for it but from what I have seen, it does not compare the stratospheric prices of vintage BMX gear.

If (when) I sell my Fat frame it won't come near the original retail. That makes sense though for well ridden gear.

What's with the angry hateful beatdown from Beantown?

With no hostility intended BB, why so angry? Geez, the guy just asked for some money for a bike. $1,500 is chump change in the overall scheme of things, and you don't have to pay anything if you don't want to.

You want to see over-priced? In addition to cycling, I play the cello. Here's a cello bow on ebay for $195,000.00! AND, they want $45.00 for shipping!!! (Cheap bastards!)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-very-rare-superb-French-certified-cello-bow-by-Francois-Xavier-Tourte-ca-1820-/290708088714?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43af8d678a

Maybe it's evil - I think it's funny. But don't worry, we don't have to buy an over-priced cello bow if we don't want to.

I also object to the notion that the `87 Fat seller hasn't "been around" long enough. So, what, are you gonna be the Fat City cred police? Are you going to make rules about who can join the forum, how many Fats they must own, how long they've owned them for, and what they can say? Will you be checking garages to make sure we have enough bikes with enough cred to satisfy you? Do we need Fats from at least 2 decades to qualify?

My understanding is that the forum is open to all without respect to how fast they ride, how well they restore, how many miles they've ridden on Fats, how shinny or rusty their ride, whether they joined this morning or back in the day. I make no apologies for any of my failings as a cyclist, for the cheap parts on my Fats, or as a bike mechanic who regularly fails to clean my bikes. I'm just on this forum because I like the bikes. -Max

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.