Rigid Fork Options?

cbh

When I bought my 94 Buckshaver new I had one of the early Manitou forks. The Manitou recently died so bought a Marz MX Comp. I'm not crazy about the handling w/ the MX Comp and am interested in moving to a rigid fork.

I know a lot of folks here watch ebay for forks, but do I have any options for a new 1" rigid fork? I seem to recall someone here mentioning an online shop selling big one inch replicas? Also, has anyone explored the possibility of getting Independent Fabrications to build something to fit an old Fat?

Fork

Vicious Cycles makes a sweet fork in 1" as well as Spicer Cycles! Also Chris Iglehart. He is one of the original Fat Fork builders. He will make anything you want for $350. As far as the Big One inch goes with 1'' blades...he doesn't make YO forks. People talk **** about him for some reason, but I think his stuff is quality. If you want an email PM me.

Cheers,

Fatty

EricH

cbh said:
When I bought my 94 Buckshaver new I had one of the early Manitou forks. The Manitou recently died so bought a Marz MX Comp. I'm not crazy about the handling w/ the MX Comp and am interested in moving to a rigid fork.

I know a lot of folks here watch ebay for forks, but do I have any options for a new 1" rigid fork? I seem to recall someone here mentioning an online shop selling big one inch replicas? Also, has anyone explored the possibility of getting Independent Fabrications to build something to fit an old Fat?

There's a Big One Inch on ebay right now that's up to $455! I know another one sold a couple weeks ago for over $400 too.

IF might be able to biuld you a straight blade unicrown fork. If your bike is not suspension corrected than a Tange switchblades/Bontrager fork or Ritchey Logic (Bridgestone) would complement the bike well.

cbh

Thanks guys. I appreciate the quick response. I'll have to do the research on the Vicious, Spicer Cycles and Chris Iglehart options. After seeing some of those prices on ebay it got me thinking that there had to be new fork alternatives w/ similar or lesser cost.

I believe that my frame was designed for suspension (63mm I think) which is why I wondered if something custom would be best. I recently bought my first full suspension bike, so I thought making my Fat a rigid singlespeed would be fun. (as long as it doesn't break the bank)

kokies

http://www.sibexsports.com/forks.htm

remarks: - Welded 3al/2.5v titanium construction provides vibrational absorption

- Suspension corrected for 26 in. wheels

- 430mm axle to crown

- 255mm 1-1/8 in. threadless steerer

- 51mm International Standard disc mount and cantilever mounts

- 617g

Price: $450 (deal cost is over $300)

Attachments

• FK1114.jpg
    FK1114.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 15

Yo Eddy!

That Sibex was recently tested in DirtRag. If I remember correctly they rated it pretty good, with the remark it can better been used by lighter riders or smooth riding.

MikeyNYC

Rigid Forks

I have a Titanium Rigid fork just like the SIBEX or the SPICER forks on my Ti Fat Chance and it rides like BUTTER! I am only about 145 pounds soaking wet though...

I really don't know where it was made - some guy had it made for me in 2002 to match the specs of the last generation "Big One Inch" Fat City Forks but I've since lost his e-mail address.

Michael NYC

Yo Eddy!

Due to suspension correction the forks are aesthetically less pleasing to me. Maybe they should start offering non corrected frames