• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

Petaluma era Salsa Ala Carte

Jack Lantern

Early 90's "Petaluma era" Salsa Ala Carte. Based on the serial number (SM668) I'd put this at about 1991 or 1992. Center-to-center measurements are 17" seat tube and 21-1/4" top tube. From a ride quality and pure comfort standpoint this is easily the best retro mtb I've ever owned. Built up with mostly period-correct XT with the exception of the Matrix branded cranks made by Cook Bros. Handlebars are Answer TaperLites, seatpost is Syncros, rims are Mavic 517's, and saddle is a well worn Turbo that has seen much use on many different bikes I've had over the years. Salsa stuff: roller stem & seat QR. Fork is a Tange Switchblade. No damage to the frame, bike rides great. Paint is original and in decent condition, however if someone wanted to do a repaint I'll throw in a full set of decals if the bike sells at asking price. I picked them up from the original owner who got them a few years after he purchased the bike.

US shipping is preferred, however I will ship overseas as well. Just be prepared for that shipping rate. Shipping will be actual cost, not boxing or handling fees.

Not in a massive rush to sell, but if this doesn't sell as a complete bike I'll most likely part it out in the not too distant future. Oh, and the M737 pedals are included as well.

$600 + shipping (PP gift, please) SOLD

Last edited: