Some of my other bikes

Kaiser

Someone had asked to see some of my other builds, so these are probably my faves. Theres been a few others but mostly hacks and bangers. The KHS is a particular fave and a keeper currently fitted with the baby seat. The stumpy was more style over function and I never really like the way it rode its been split though the frames still around. The MF is also a nice rider, prestige tubeset and gives rides a new perspective, this may be culled though with the arrival of the Yo SS, the wheels will probably be going to the Yo anyroads.

Attachments

• 3281371610_ae5fa3da60_b.jpg
    3281371610_ae5fa3da60_b.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 2948888945_6c019f5545_b.jpg
    2948888945_6c019f5545_b.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 177
  • 3622158914_92be4ef784_b.jpg
    3622158914_92be4ef784_b.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 152

Kaiser

how are you liking your wicked? rode mine today. such a balanced ride.

Wicked is running great, the 1X7 is showing up my limitations and it may go fully geared before too long, fine for shorter stuff but as an all day bike it needs the full spread. Also thinking the front end may be a little heavy, it keeps it planted but losing a 1/2lb from the front could be done. Lots of steel up there. At the moment though I'll keep as is, still a work in progress.

colker

Wicked is running great, the 1X7 is showing up my limitations and it may go fully geared before too long, fine for shorter stuff but as an all day bike it needs the full spread. Also thinking the front end may be a little heavy, it keeps it planted but losing a 1/2lb from the front could be done. Lots of steel up there. At the moment though I'll keep as is, still a work in progress.
maybe the heavy feeling comes from fit? a longer stem could change that.. wickeds have short top tubes and go well w/135/10

Kaiser

Could be, but the set up isn't far off that. Its more likely to be that I'm used to a slightly slacker headtube. On some of my other bikes it only takes and shift off the back for the front to float over obstacles. I guess I'm finding differences rather than problems. More riding is needed:)

colker

Could be, but the set up isn't far off that. Its more likely to be that I'm used to a slightly slacker headtube. On some of my other bikes it only takes and shift off the back for the front to float over obstacles. I guess I'm finding differences rather than problems. More riding is needed:)

sounds like rider weight distribution. mine has a 135 stem placing the bars right 3in below saddle.

Dr S

sounds like rider weight distribution. mine has a 135 stem placing the bars right 3in below saddle.

What size frame do you have Flavio and how tall are you?? I'm thinking of a similar sized stem for my Yo but fear 135 might be a little long for my back:(

My Wicked has this size and feels OK but on a Yo??

How is your Yo coming along Kaiser?

colker

What size frame do you have Flavio and how tall are you?? I'm thinking of a similar sized stem for my Yo but fear 135 might be a little long for my back:(

My Wicked has this size and feels OK but on a Yo??

i am 5'9. wicked> size 18. stem 135/10

Kaiser

How is your Yo coming along Kaiser?

Errr :redface: Seat post is still stuck though I have moved it, currently soaking with a concoction or releasants . Have built up a collection of M900 parts for it and I think I just need wheels/grips/cables and a middle chainring. Soon as the post is out I'll hook up with ya:D I do think though that every part I have needs some kind of resto, its all pretty faded or tatty.

Kirk Shell

Errr :redface: Seat post is still stuck though I have moved it, currently soaking with a concoction or releasants . Have built up a collection of M900 parts for it and I think I just need wheels/grips/cables and a middle chainring. Soon as the post is out I'll hook up with ya:D I do think though that every part I have needs some kind of resto, its all pretty faded or tatty.

Kaiser, I just got my stuck seat post out with the Sheldon Brown hacksaw method. It's been stuck since 1996. My son is getting larger and I wanted him to try a real moutain bike made out of steel. To this point, he'd only ridden aluminum, or I'm sorry - Aluminium(sp?). He gave my medium Yo Eddy a try this past weekend and I couldn't get the bike back. Picture me at 5'11" riding the trails while standing only on his 12 inch framed Trek Mt220. Pretty painful!

If you want to try the hacksaw, shoot me a note and I can share the link and/or my experience.

Cheers!
Kirk.

Kaiser

Kaiser, I just got my stuck seat post out with the Sheldon Brown hacksaw method. It's been stuck since 1996. My son is getting larger and I wanted him to try a real moutain bike made out of steel. To this point, he'd only ridden aluminum, or I'm sorry - Aluminium(sp?). He gave my medium Yo Eddy a try this past weekend and I couldn't get the bike back. Picture me at 5'11" riding the trails while standing only on his 12 inch framed Trek Mt220. Pretty painful!

If you want to try the hacksaw, shoot me a note and I can share the link and/or my experience.

Cheers!
Kirk.

Cheers buddy, I'm trying to salvage the post if I can, but I'll not hold my breath:eek: Reckon it may be a hacksaw job.

bratfass

Very nice KHS - whats this model?

I just finished (ok, not really finished - a few parts missing and a shorter moots stem and a ibis ancotech ti flatbar instead of the white bros ti riser will com on) my TiLite in the days:

Foto1-34.jpg