Fat City Cycles Frame Registry

Erik_Steudle

Frame type YO EDDY
Frame number: YOL145
Year of manufacture: I believe 1995/1996 ?
Frame size: Large
Color: Custom
Owner name: Erik Steudle - I bought this bike back in 1997 from the original owner, Nate Oberlee. We both worked at the Sterling Schwinn at the time.
yo1.jpg

yo2.jpg

yo3.jpg

yo4.jpg

2manybikes

Frame registry

skull.gif
used to have three Fats,though sold my mate the Yo as it seemed fairly similar ride to the ti.Still ride the other two lots though.Was trying to sell one or the other,but didnt make the price,which on reflection I am pleased about.They are worth more than mere bucks arnt they???any way here goes
yo eddy team
aqua fade
1995?
772y3sm

Shock a billy
harlequin fade
sbm035

Ti fat
brushed
tfm1100

Attachments

• fat tag.jpg
    fat tag.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 859
Last edited:

Yo Eddy!

Hi,

The Y0 is '93 according to the 3 in the serial#. 1993 is pretty early for Aquafade. Repainted at some point?

Yo Eddy!

Erik_Steudle said:
Frame type YO EDDY
Frame number: YOL145
Year of manufacture: I believe 1995/1996 ?
Frame size: Large
Color: Custom
Owner name: Erik Steudle - I bought this bike back in 1997 from the original owner, Nate Oberlee. We both worked at the Sterling Schwinn at the time.

yo2.jpg

Fun :D

My Yo is YOM1075. Mine is 1995. I still do have the 'powerdomes' (the bullit shape pieces next that connect te dropouts) formed out the stays. NY (Serotta build) bikes do normally have them weld on, but Chris took some stock of finished parts with him to Serotta late '94. Maybe this could give you a clue on the age. Anyway the rear brake stopper for cantis is still present. By 1996 V's were pretty common.

IttyBittyBetty

Yo! Betty

Frame type: YO! Betty
Frame number: YB 10 063
Year of manufacture: I believe 1999/2000 (I think I bought it from Fat in late spring of 2000)
Frame size: XS (10 inch)
Color: Raspberry Ice
Owner name: Jenifer Kwasniewski

Photos on the way!

settemarche

1993 Fat Chance BuckShaver

Frame type: Buckshaver
Frame number: 128B3S
Year of manufacture: 1993
Frame size: Small
Color (original and repainted, if applicable): Original Lime Green
Location (city, state, country): Southern Cal
Owner name: Settemarche
Photo, if possible:

Attachments

• IMG_2216.jpg
    IMG_2216.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2218.jpg
    IMG_2218.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2113.jpg
    IMG_2113.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2116.jpg
    IMG_2116.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 30
1987 Fatty

Frame type (Yo!, Wicked, etc.): Fat Chance (standard or regular frame)
Frame number: 87013 (lucky number 13)
Year of manufacture: 1987
Frame size: 19.5
Color (original and repainted, if applicable): Original color was Black and I'm in the process of a repaint in a pale yellow cream
Location (city, state, country): Somerville, MA (its birth place)
Owner name: Sean Dick Johnson
Photo, if possible: coming soon!

I bought this frame on Ebay. It came to me from California. It's finally come back home to rest (and be ridden). There was no fork, but I just happen to have found a pile of forks from the original Fat City productions.(a 91' Spinner TFO fork) It's not period correct to my frame but close enough for me. I'm building the bike up to ride as a single speed. I'm trying to get the "Fat F%@kin' Chance" decals to accompany the repaint. I can't wait to ride it!

P.S. Does anyone out there happen to know where I could find a seat collar for this frame?

Attachments

• apr28061.jpg
    apr28061.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 29
  • apr28062.jpg
    apr28062.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 17
  • apr28064.jpg
    apr28064.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 20
  • apr28066.jpg
    apr28066.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 25
  • apr28071.jpg
    apr28071.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 22
  • apr28072.jpg
    apr28072.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 17
  • apr28073.jpg
    apr28073.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 23
  • apr28070.jpg
    apr28070.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 29
  • apr28065.jpg
    apr28065.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

kaalgsio

Frame type (Yo!, Wicked, etc.): Yo!
Frame number: YO M 2192
Year of manufacture: ???
Frame size: M
Color (original and repainted, if applicable): black w/yellow decals
Location (city, state, country): Arlington, VA
Photo, if possible:

Last edited:

visitor

OK Guys, not as NOS as most but the best ride I have ever had was my first ride on this '94 YO last weekend! Finally finished!!!

Frame type: Yo Eddy!
Frame number: 124Y4SM
Year of manufacture: 1994
Frame size: SM
Color (original and repainted, if applicable): Original - Metallic Teal; Repainted by Vicious Cycles - Light Blue to Dark Blue w/ jagged transition.
Location (city, state, country): Manchester, CT, USA
Owner name: Scott Taylor
Photo: As promised back in Nov '05.

Attachments

• P1010002-sm.jpg
    P1010002-sm.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 142

visitor

Thanks, the folks at Vicious Cycles did an amazing job! The bike currently weighs 27.0 lb (12.2 kg) is a rocket compaired to my slightly lighter full suspension. I LOVE the ride it is even better then I could have imagined!

-Scott

bruce t

Wicked, dudes....

Frame type: Wicked Fat Chance...
# 06399W
Med/Lrg 19.5"
HOT PINK
Northampton, MA
Bruce Tull
No pix (yet)

Hey, were these neon pink bikes powder coated or painted? It doesn't seem to be a real glossy finish, and my decals are peeling like potato chips, so presumably no clear coat over them....

Still has its period XT cranks, brakes, derailleurs. Dia-Compe SS-5 levers, XT thumb shifters, Acerbis derailleur guard, control stix barends, Grove Innovations stem, Onza grips (pretty worn out, going soon....) And a Brooks leather saddle.

Looking forward to new info and new decals.

Thanks, bt

Yo Eddy!

Hi Bruce,

Welcome!

My Serotta Yo is clear coated with decals under the coat and a friends '92 Yo isn't. Think it is wetpaint, but I am not sure. I somewhere took notice of people complaining of not so good paint quality for FAT. For as far I am concerned I say my '95 Yo still looks brighter than many new bikes. Great paint.

TealisReal

In 1992, clearcoat over the decals was an extra cost option. I ordered my Yo Eddy with clearcoat and by special request a "True Temper" top tube decal.

bruce t

thanks, guys

I bought this frame used, with a big box of parts, in late 1991, IIRC. A lot of the typical Fat Chance decals were already gone -- just the headbadge and downtube decals were left. No American flag, Chris Chance signature, MA flag, etc. Ironically, it does have a True Temper decal, in very good shape (looks like metal foil), and a Shimano decal. I'd love to get some new decals for it, trying to decide whether to repaint/restore or just leave it alone and ride it. And if I do repaint, I'll have to figure out what color. The hot pink is kinda cool, but never was my favorite color. At the same time, I've never seen another hot pink Fat, and it is the original color, so....????

Anyway, cool forum, nice to find some other Fat enthusiasts. bt

77classic

Frame Type: Yo Eddy!
Frame #: YO ML 2168
Year of manufacture: no clue
Frame Size:ML
Color: green fade (repaint by hot tubes, by previous owner.)
Owner Name: Jeff

Here's my FAT..

still looking for an XTR m900 crank for the bike, but the Kooka's that came on it are sufficient for now.
I bought this on coincedence. Went on a group ride that I heard about, asked one of the guys at the shop in Black Diamond if they knew of any Fat's for sale, or if they did, to call me.
He knew of this one immediately. Had a color matched Judy on it, and grip shift, super long Ringle stem, etc...
stripped the parts I didn't like, and reassembled it.
Previous owner said he got it from a racer that had two..didn't have any inputs on the original color, but I like the green. Hot Tubes paint is chipping pretty badly, I'll have it re-shot this winter.
fat_001.sized.jpg

and my two mtb's just hanging out..near the road bike..
fat_002.sized.jpg

kevin881

YO ML 2023

Frame Type: Yo Eddy!
Frame #:
YOML2023
Year of manufacture:
Frame Size:
ML
Color:
Team Violet (Original Chameleon Fade)
Owner Name: