• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

1990 Wicked w/Igleheart fork

rmp

ok, I'm gonna do it this time.

1990, 18". Was Grello (I bought this new in 1992), repainted Arrest Me Red! at the factory in 1996 before they shut down. Fork was built by Igleheart last year. BOI Segmented, but with Wicked geometry. Chris' guy tried his best to match my old AMR! - not perfect but close enough for me.

You get:
18" Frame
King Headset with GripNut (and the regular locknut parts I have)
AMR! Igleheart segmented fork
Pressed in BB with Rody's collars and under 200 miles on the bearings
Ritchey 1" quill stem (125mm)
Syncros 26.4 seatpost.

Some chain suck from previous guy ( I sold this and got it back) running gears, and normal wear from a 15-16yr old paint job, but it's been stored inside, frame savered, and the seatpost slides nice and smooth.

Asking $500 for all of the above. The Igleheart fork alone cost the vast majority of that last year. If that's too much, make me an offer, but I think it's pretty fair for what you get. If you want more of the parts shown, let me know. There's a really nice (but not period correct) ENO eccentric wheelset on there, XC Pro brakes, and XT crankset. It's 20-21 lbs as pictured.

Last edited:

rmp

more pics here

Here's the link to my flickr set on the bike (the title of the set is the serial number), you can confirm for yourself its 18 inch-ness

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rmplum/sets/72157624688348899/

I no longer own the black unicrown, sold it last year after Chris built me the new fork. I do still have the Nitto dirt drop stem and woodchipper drop bar if that tickles your fancy.

I also have the carbon 11 deg Salsa flat bar shown. I think the riser looks sort of goofy.

rmp

Update: I just pulled the post (original Syncros, 425mm from rails to end - slides right out) and stuck my led light down the seat tube. Looks pretty darn smooth in there.

I was surprised to see a hole (not a rust hole, but a drilled or formed hole) in the bottom of the seat tube. There is also a little rubber grommet hole in the bottom of the BB shell. I wonder if Fat added this to the frame when they refurbed/repainted it in 1996?

Anyway, I'm not sure what the ideal 22 year old steel frame's seat tube should look like (I tried to photo it, but that was tough), but it looks pretty clean in there.

Top tube C-C is 22". Seat tube (C-T of seat tube) is 18" (a little higher with the collar).

mememe

wicked lite for sale

Hi: this is how I read your frame--22.2tt 41.1wheelbase 90mm headtube 18in center of bb to toptube. Correct? What bb are you using? Phil, other?? What is the spindle length (I may want to run a tripe and need to know chainline)? Ok,here's where it gets more difficult: What price for the bike as a single speed (pretty much as is)? 5oo bucks for frame, fork, headset,bb,stem, syn seatpost, etc.(what you said in the post)--what if I add some other components--brakes, nitto stem, and maybe cranks(175?); price it out individually if you will. What is the shipping to Milwaukee? Sorry for all the questions--I'll take it you are a fair-trader and the frame is NOT a rust bucket or badly damage in anyway. Get back to me as soon as you can, thanks much, Kevin

rmp

Hi: this is how I read your frame--22.2tt 41.1wheelbase 90mm headtube 18in center of bb to toptube. Correct? What bb are you using? Phil, other?? What is the spindle length (I may want to run a tripe and need to know chainline)?

Yeah, after a more careful re-measure, you are right on.

Head tube 90mm
18" center of BB to top of top tube
About 22.2" top tube
Wheelbase is a touch over 41"

The cranks are XT FC-M730 (175mm) and I believe it is the original 125mm long spindle, but with new bearings and collars from Rody.

mememe

Hi again

Its kevin again--so what about the cost of shipping and the cost of the other components--nitto stem; crank; suntour brakes?? The hole in the bb--isn't it for the guide for the derailuer cables since the frame has the cable stops on the down tupe??? Does the hole look threaded?? Thanks, Kevin

rmp

Its kevin again--so what about the cost of shipping and the cost of the other components--nitto stem; crank; suntour brakes?? The hole in the bb--isn't it for the guide for the derailuer cables since the frame has the cable stops on the down tupe??? Does the hole look threaded?? Thanks, Kevin

Kevin, I sent you a private message with my email address. and more info...

Yes, after a little clear thinking, that's what the BB hole is for. I don't have the cable guide that goes there though....

rmp

A few sales have fallen through, frameset still available.....with or without parts. And I edtied the first post - the stem is a Ritchey (not a Salsa), 125mm extension.

Complete bike (as shown) with that trick White Ind. eccentric wheelset and tires, etc is $850 asking price - if the pending wheel sale (to another Cog) falls through due to rear spacing issues.

Last edited:

rmp

Interesting! Would you ship to the UK & how much if do?

Tc

PM sent. I'm willing to ship to Europe - but USPS box size requirements are very strict and very small - so a normal bicycle box has to be cut down and basically custom made to fit within their 108" Length + Girth guidelines.

If price is no object we can do UPS or FedEx, but it's a LOT more.

The USPS estimate to Germany was about $110 (plus whatever duties and taxes the receiver has to pay).

bratfass

PM sent. I'm willing to ship to Europe - but USPS box size requirements are very strict and very small - so a normal bicycle box has to be cut down and basically custom made to fit within their 108" Length + Girth guidelines.

If price is no object we can do UPS or FedEx, but it's a LOT more.

The USPS estimate to Germany was about $110 (plus whatever duties and taxes the receiver has to pay).

Hi mate,

I picked up a Yo in L yesterday from the customs and the seller paid 75,45$ for USPS Express Mail International for 10pounds and 40x26x8" box (108" girth) - frame was packed perfectly and blizzard fast - he posted it january the 6th and the custom papers were in my mailbox yesterday morning!

But that was only a frame - so he had packed it, it would be possible to get a fork, stem, post and saddle with in the packe, but no wheels or such bulky parts

rmp

Hi mate,

I picked up a Yo in L yesterday from the customs and the seller paid 75,45$ for USPS Express Mail International for 10pounds and 40x26x8" box (108" girth) - frame was packed perfectly and blizzard fast - he posted it january the 6th and the custom papers were in my mailbox yesterday morning!

But that was only a frame - so he had packed it, it would be possible to get a fork, stem, post and saddle with in the packe, but no wheels or such bulky parts

Yeah, it can be done - you just have to cut down a normal bike box to do so - and like you said, frame only - etc.

I've run a few USPS quotes through now, and your $75 fee is right in the ballpark.

Wish UPS or FedEx would get their act together. UPS picks right up from my office - easy. US Postal requires a trip downtown, paperwork, waiting in line with ole lady Gert, etc.

Anyway, if you guys over there are game for the shipping fees, I'm willing to do the legwork to find a good new home for this frameset.

bratfass

Thx mate,

Unfortunately wrong time - if I havent picked up my Yo yesterday and paid a deposit for a Grove X last night, I would have asked You for Your Wicked! I love the look of it with the Igleheart - very very nice!

If you wait a month - I will be willing ;)

Cheers

Michael

rmp

Price drop

I'll ship the frameset (incl fork, BB, seatpost, collar and headset) to you in the US for $500

$775 for the whole package as shown.

rmp

More pics

Hi guys, I've taken the bike apart yesterday and snapped some more pics if it helps anyone who was on the fence. I'd really like this to go to one of you guys (and avoid the horribly high ebay fees these days). I have the Syncros post and the brakes on ebay, but there is a week left and I'll cancel the auction if someone grabs this and wants them...

rmp

I see some familiar FatCog screen names in on the bidding - ha ha. Man, wish this could have gone off ebay!