• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

Wicked Fat Chance - 1989

mkozaczek

This yo has been on eBay so many times it's not funny. Got a friend that tried to buy it.and it has been the same seller. This person has done the same thing every time....

Really? I spoke with the seller that had it listed on craigslist and said that he just sold it yesterday for $500. Now it's on eBay for $1000... He couldn't believe it...

Very interesting.

BostonBobby

Trash=treasure. Treasure=trash

I hate to keep hyjacking this guys thread, but that Yo above has been on ebay many times. Its a woman who i assume found the bike in the trash. I offered her $500 for it last year local pick up. But she is stuck on $1,000. And reason being her as well as others when they want to see how much somthing is "worth" they check EBAY! So when they see the $5,999,99,999999999 bike they believe asking $1,000
for a rusty dented yo isnt bad! That was my point up above on this issue.
I have no problem with people who finish these great bikes and then sell them-because it is a hobby. But what realy rubs me the wrong way is GREED.
This woman on ebay sells clothing- she could let that bike go to someone who will fix her up and ride it or whatever but she holds onto it for dear life!
Or you got these people that will act like they are looking for vintage bikes for themselfs and the seller feels bad and gives them away for cheap and next thing you know you see the same bike on craigslist or ebay with some new tires and a good washing for $500. Is it just me or has Bike collecting become just a bunch of weasels that think they are car dealers? This wicked above is well worth the asking price I cant believe it is still here. You couldnt touch a scratched up frame for under $300- this bike seems to need nothing, just a rider!

bandm

Sorry - Appreciate the request, but I prefer to sell the entire bike with all its original components. It is still for sale.

GregT

1989 Fat Chance Wicked 19"

I was doing a serial number search for my 1989 Fat Chance Wicked and I found the original add for my bike on this site. I now own this 1989 Wicked, I live in Colorado Springs. I owned a bike shop in Somerville, NJ from 1994 to Nov 2001 when I sold the business. It was called Somerville Cyclery at 34 East Main St. I had the exact same year model 1989 Wicked but lost it when my home burned down. I also lost all my other 20+ bikes and all my shop tools that I took when I sold my shop.
After the fire I regularly checked Craigslist for replacements for my old Wicked and was very surprised to find this gem for sale. Taking it out for a ride today!

Stingercut

I was doing a serial number search for my 1989 Fat Chance Wicked and I found the original add for my bike on this site. I now own this 1989 Wicked, I live in Colorado Springs. I owned a bike shop in Somerville, NJ from 1994 to Nov 2001 when I sold the business. It was called Somerville Cyclery at 34 East Main St. I had the exact same year model 1989 Wicked but lost it when my home burned down. I also lost all my other 20+ bikes and all my shop tools that I took when I sold my shop.
After the fire I regularly checked Craigslist for replacements for my old Wicked and was very surprised to find this gem for sale. Taking it out for a ride today!

Thats a helluva story :eek: Enjoy in good health :beer:

Greg,

I bought parts from your shop! One of the few shops that still catered to older bikes, like the '89 Wicked Fat Chance I owned then, and still own today.

Tom P.

Shotty

Fats in Colorado Springs

I'm also in Colorado Springs and riding a restored 85 Kicker, I used to own a Wicked ( same size/color as yours) , we should go ride sometime