• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

[FS] 1993 Fat Wicked Lite 18"

Doug Carter

Staff member
Life's redirections are forcing this sale. I don't want to, but it's something that needs to be done at this point. Too many other things that we need to take care of before the move, and this bike is just too much liquid sitting there looking pretty...

Here's the skinny: 18" 1993 Wicked Lite frame bought as an essentially NOS bike. The previous owner had about 15 miles on it around his neighborhood. Since then, I have been systematically replacing items on it to bring it to the spec I wanted circa 1993. I probably have less than 300 miles on it, all on the road. This bike has never seen dirt anywhere. There is little or no chainstay chips in the paint, though there is one fingernail chip on the seat tube from a careless packing job. It is down to the primer, and I have been too chicken to try to match the metallic to touch it up. It is shown in the photos. It is really one of the only blemishes on an otherwise perfect bike.

1993 frame number 338W38 in Charcol Grey Metallic (Sommerville)
- factory painted Rock Shox Mag21 (threaded)
- full Shimano XT M737 drivetrain (cranks, chainrings, headset, derailleurs, chain, etc.)
- NOS SRAM GripShift 800 shifters
- NOS Answer Hyperlite bars
- Avid SpeedDial (original) purple anodized brake levers
- Ringle 135mm purple threaded stem
- NOS Vetta C15 computer
- Ringle SUP217 tie-dye hoops on 28-hole purple Ringle hubs F/R
- XTR rear cassette
- XT cantilever brakes
- NOS Kalloy UNO 26.4 seatpost, purple
- Ringle seatpost and wheel skewers, purple
- Ringle H2O water bottle cage, purple
- Onza bar ends, white
- Selle Italia Flite ti saddle, perforated black
- Time ATAC Alium clipless pedals

Currently sits on narrow pavement tires, but a vintage NOS Continental Leader/Navigator setup can be had on the bike, too. I will NOT give this bike away for less than I know it's worth. I don't want to see this bike parted ouot and re-flipped, either (I'd just as soon do that myself for the sum of the parts). I'd prefer it go to a Fat Cog, but if there are no serious interested buyers, it will go to eBay SOON.

I know a used and identical frame just went on eBay in the last couple of weeks for $1150, and I know what the market is doing right now. I am entertaining offers for the next couple of days before heading to eBay with a reserve. I'm not looking to retire from this bike, but I don't plan on selling it just to get rid of it, either.

PM, AIM (upon3) or e-mail doug@apexspeed.com with any offers.

doug

Attachments

• wicked_06_002.jpg
    wicked_06_002.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 131
  • wicked_06_003.jpg
    wicked_06_003.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 48
  • wicked_06_005.jpg
    wicked_06_005.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 59
  • wicked_06_006.jpg
    wicked_06_006.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 43
  • wicked_06_007.jpg
    wicked_06_007.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 34
  • wicked_06_008.jpg
    wicked_06_008.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 46
  • wicked_06_009.jpg
    wicked_06_009.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 35
  • wicked_06_011.jpg
    wicked_06_011.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 38
  • wicked_06_004.jpg
    wicked_06_004.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 40
  • wicked_06_010.jpg
    wicked_06_010.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 42

Yo Eddy!

Hi Doug,

Nice to see pics of it with all the purple stuff on, Doug. Remember the earlier pics very well. Remember that bike as one of the nicest ever seen by me.

Ever considered making some nice outdoor pics?

Too bad it goes. For as far as my interest goes; this month's money already went to an Elevation12,000, a RidgeRunner, another early eighties Koga FullPro and a Grove HC. I think that is about it. Pocket empty, piles of projects to do :D Hope it will find a good home. Good luck selling!

Doug Carter

Staff member
Anyone know where this bike went? Unfortunately, I lost track of it many years ago. I'd love to know where it is now.