OMFG - $952 for a fork?!

colker

that's stupid. as long as wickeds stay out of the yo eddy cult BS i am happy... the main vibe of vintage bike collecting is understated, personal value. once it becomes a comodity i am out.

lucifer

That is pure insanity and completely not worth it. I mean they are nice forks but not that nice.... Even If I were a multimillionaire I wouldn't buy that fork for that kind of money.

bushpig

Ditto to what Fat-Tony says. I'm mainly surprised about it. To get to this price there needs to be at least two people that want something a lot. In the grand scheme, $900 isn't that much if the fork means a lot to you. More than I'd pay though :p

rody

Folks pay that and more for the latest suspension/squishy forks that require more maintenance, repair, and eventual replacement.

At least the BOI should be functional for an owners lifetime...whether admired on a garage queen or ridden hard in the woods.

To each his own...

rody

settemarche

Thanks Rody for noticing that extreme price. there are positives and negatives to Lagunacpe paying stratospheric prices.

Positives:

1. the value of our bikes in "ebay dollars" is continuing a upward trend.

2. i can justify a Fat purchase to the wife since people like Lagunacpe are willing to pay the ultra high prices.

3. in keeping with the wife and ebay dollars theme. the Buckshaver i just bought has a Big One Inch - with the sale of that fork - my new bike has just quintupled in value.

Negatives:

1. this guy is gobbling up at the Fat stuff. several of the last big purchases were buy lagunacpe. i feel that the market may be cornered?

my 2 cents,