Yo Eddy question.

mainlyfats

Was there a Team Yo Eddy? If so, how was it different from the regular Yo Eddy?

The stickers on the down tube of all Yo Eddys say Team Fat Chance. The fake Canadian Fats say it too.

There are team paint jobs, but not really Team-issue frames that were available to the public.

I-ROBOT

Hi kids
Mainly is correct. At Somerville, we did not build different Yo's. They were all Team Fat Chance. The actual team riders built (or had built) custom frames tailored to their individual measurements and preferences. Some had lighter tubing, some had geometries that were different from the stock sizes. We probably built some custom Yo's for those who had inside access (long-time dealers or others who knew Chris and would pay for a custom frame). Most everybody in the shop built themselves a Yo that was customized whether they raced or not (even me). I welded several house frames for the guys that had a stainless steel weld bead rendition of Yo Eddy on the head tube. (wish I had pictures of those) We all did stuff like that for each other off the clock (most of the time). That was the really fun part of the job for me. Other than that, all the Yo's were the same
Scott

rick

The stickers on the down tube of all Yo Eddys say Team Fat Chance. The fake Canadian Fats say it too.

FWIW the Canadian bikes say "Team Chance" (no "Fat")and they not really "fake" as Chris was involved in the design. Perhaps Scott can add info to this as well?

IF52

Chris, Wendyl and Rob Mossman came to our shop in about 95 to give a little presentation for the crew and customers. Somebody asked about the Team Chance frames and Chris kind of skirted the question. I think it was either Chris or Mossman that said something along the lines of 'that was a mistake we're trying to forget'. Rob later added that people expected Fat City to handle warranty issues even though Fat didn't really have anything to do with the production and distribution.

I-ROBOT

To answer Rick's question: I have no idea. When Somerville shut down in October 1994, I walked away. I was asked to go to NY, but turned down the "less than substantial offer". Within 3 weeks, I started working at a biopharma equipment builder in Danvers, MA and stayed there for 13 years.

I had little contact with anyone from Fat City / Serotta / whoever up there until my TI bike got stolen and was recovered. Chris was kind enough to write a letter on my behalf stating I was the legal owner and I was able to get it back.

I used to drop in on the guys at IF occasionally but I haven't seen any of them in several years.

Regards
Scott