Another one rising from the dead...

Doug Carter

Staff member
Call me cynical and jaded, but kickstarters for your new company venture after already losing a company that did the exact same thing before is getting kind of old.

Not that I don't trust anyone, but I don't trust anyone. Sorry, the new Fat included—and I have a tattoo of Yo Eddy on my arm.

The rocky past in the bike industry puts me in the, "ok, go ahead, prove it to me" camp before I will spend a ton of money on a re-tread start-up company. Chance and Parker can do a lot just on nostalgia to generate some fast capital, but they will have to do it for a while to hold my trust. I'm content to wait.

Retro Dude

I agree, there are boat load of choices out there now. The cost of the new nostalgia is pretty steep. I could not justify a new Yo frame for $1700 so I picked up a Lynskey 650 for $1200 with nearly identical dimensions. Was waiting on the new slim but $2300 for a steel frame/carbon fork?

Doug Carter

Staff member
Yeah, really hard to swallow that, considering that companies like Groovy, IF, Geekhouse, Kirk and many others that sprouted up in the wake of FC going away are still making wonderful bikes by hand. I would love a Slim or a Cross, but I can't justify those prices for a new frame when I change what I'm riding so often.

Stingercut

I respect JP and FTW but this is fugly. CC has produced some well thought out beautiful frames again. If he keeps his costs under control and continues to refine and produce artisan frames we all love, there is no reason why he can't go on making a decent living from it. I doubt he's planning an IPO in 5 years !

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 28