WTB 1" threadless crown/steerer for 97 Judy SL

IF52

I would love to get my hands on a set of uppers with a L-O-N-G or even uncut 1 inch threadless steerer for a 97 Judy, preferably from a Judy SL. If anybody can help I will be very grateful.

I picked up a NOS fork off eBay that was listed as 1" and turns out it is 1 1/8th. I figure it is worth keeping and ultimately I am sure I can use it on something eventually, but I would really like to use it now on the new Yo! project. Again, any help is appreciated.

Oh, the 97 Judy has a pressed on crown like newer forks. The crown/steerer are not seperate from the upper tubes like the older Judy forks

Please.

Pretty please.

Doug Carter

Staff member
I have a NOS uncut steerer/crown 1" from a '94-'96 (aluminum steerer) if you don't mind the crown/leg bolts. They are not ti bolts in the crown, as I think the original owner ganked them ( do believe it was from an SL), but the steal bolts are easily replaced with Ti if you desire.

LMK if you are interested... they are like hens teeth, but I don't think I'm going to continue my quest to collect all of the parts for a Yo Eddy build. After 5 years, I'm tired of looking for a bike that would probably never get ridden. :(

doug

IF52

Hey Doug,

Thanks for the offer. The 97 fork has the crown pressed onto the upper legs, so I don't think a 94-96 crown will work :(

But, depending on how things work out I might take you up on the offer just the same. I think I have a lead on a 96 fork with a really short steerer and your crown steerer would be perfect in that case :D

IF52

Well, BIG thanks to Doug and Shawn I put together an alternate Judy for the Yo! Just need to futz around with what to do about wheels since the TNT front hub is being a pain in the arse in the Judy dropouts. So Super Duper Bubba in the front, TNT in the rear for now. Picture to follow in another forum soon.

Now anybody have any damper cartridges or Total air kits to spare? I'd like to keep a couple on hand just in case.